Smoking at the range

I have to agree with Bill Wynne. I being a Ex Smoker (recentley 3months) can't stand the smell of a cigarrette. Yet I'll stand by a camp fire all night Bar-BQ all afternoon and the smoke doesn't bother me in the least (go figure). I do believe that Ex Smokers are the HARDEST on smokers,why is that ?
Inconsiderate people are the hardest on smokers. I don't smoke but non-smokers or never-smokers think the whole world is theirs and it isn't.

Hollywood brought out the smoking issue for just what Vladimir Lenin suggested Communists to do to "divide and conquer".

""You cannot do anything without rousing the masses ""-Lenin

Jerry

I guess I'm questioning my actions related to different types of smoke as much as trying to understand this aspect of it. If I'm being inconsiderate towards a smoker I did not intend this (kinda like the Pot calling the Kettle black) if you know what I mean.

I agree with Bob, Roger and Jerry on this, as a work in progress ex smoker myself I find it is mostly ex smokers who whine incoherently similar to the anti gun crowd. The comments made like we should tax them to death, wish them death or hope they never arrive at a match is immature at best and makes me wonder if some people in this crowd should even own guns. Divide and conquer the few people left in this sport will surely make us all breathe a little better, I don't think so. Blowing smoke in each others faces is not going to make anyone breathe any better either, pun intended. Smoking is an addiction and for the most part is not good for you, but neither is eating at fast food joints or drinking till we fall over drunk. If asked most smokers will refrain from smoking when around the crowd. Why can't things be discussed reasonably and a compromise be worked out instead of people going off the deep end.

This discussion is ironic. I imagine that most of the people who are complaining are ex-smokers like me. Would this discussion have been any different in 1979.

It is funny how things change.

Concho Bill

This wouldn't have been a discussion at all in 1979.:rolleyes:--Mike

Back