Sinclair Competition Rest Carrier?

RCE1

I have splurged a little bit and gotten one of the Sinclair Competition front rests. I was wondering if anybody else who has one might give me suggestions on a case or bag to carry it around in and keep it clean when in storage. It's a little big for my usual "toolbag from the hardware store" solution. Thanks

The one i use for the same rest is a 30.00 one from Wall mart. They are black on the bottom and grey on top with red handles. The rest just fits in and its strong and water proof. I added two pieces of 2 x 4 and drilled holes for feet and screwed them in from the bottom. It works great, I think they call it a packer they come in a lot of different sizes, even for in the bed of a pickup and they can be locked, the handles hold the lid on......jim

RCE1,

I have an older Sinclair rest that is probaly about the same size as your rest. My rest fits nicely into a Pelican Model 1550 hard case. Its about as bulky and heavy as as I care to handle but offers excellent protection for the rest.

Your Fellow Shooter,
Lawrence

SinclairRest.jpg

SinclairRestCase.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to add that with the small action packer it don't have to retract the feet or tear the rest apart and i have room for a lot of other things and it's only about 20" long...jim

Lawrence

Looking at you front rest photos. Could you tell me more about the rear fine adjustment on your rest? Looks like what I am looking for to put on my front rest.

Thanks,
Terry in North Dakota

RCE1,

I have an older Sinclair rest that is probaly about the same size as your rest. My rest fits nicely into a Pelican Model 1550 hard case. Its about as bulky and heavy as as I care to handle but offers excellent protection for the rest.

Your Fellow Shooter,
Lawrence

SinclairRest.jpg

SinclairRestCase.jpg

Back