Sightron scopes

C

chuck furniss

Doe's anyone have an opinion on sightron scopes ? Thanks in advance. Chuck

I have a Sightron 8X32 that I mounted on my Palma rifle to try some F-Class style shooting. Very pleased with it, especially at 1000 yds.

Chuck, you probably know Nat Lambeth.

He posted on the F-class forum, see post #9 in this thread:

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?81247-F-class-scope-choice

I have a new one, 10-50 x 60 that I am quite pleased with. Not owned it long enough to have any valid opinion on reliability.

The objective adjustment on the turret is kind of fussy, but I've found the Leupold competition series with the same location of the objective adjustment equally fussy.

FWIW

I own several, both for hunting and competition. I trust all of them. I did have an issue with one, Alan Orr at Sightron took great care of the scope and me. For the price, they are pretty tough to beat.

I bought a used one. It went bad. I sent it in and they replaced it, offered me an upgrade at a good price.
Problem was it took so long I had to buy another scope so I could compete last year (took them 2.5- 3 months or more.
Nice folks though.

Charles E
Does your 10x50 have enough adjustment for long range.
Thanks Max

One of my favorite 36x fixed power scopes is a sightron big sky. I like several things about them, especially compared to a Leupold 36x. I have two sightron big sky scopes and they have a wider field of view than the Leupold, and there 36x set power setting is stronger than my Leupold's 36x fixed power settings. I also like the parallax adjustment on my big sky compared to the Leupold. The sightron parallax adjustment is much easier to set. The sightron has a lot less distance of travel. The leupold parallax bell can spin more than 360 degrees as were as the sightron is less than 180 degrees. The one down side i have seen with the sightron s2 or big sky scopes, is that not all the glass is the same. Every once and a while you will get a sightron scope that doesn't have great glass. Most of the ones i have owned were fantastic,'' The big sky scopes" but i do have one that isnt as bright as the others. I bought mine used for around 350 bucks, and at that price they are the best kept secrete in there category.Thats all i know about them. Lee

I have had two Sightron scopes, a 6-24x42 and a 10-50. I did not like the 10-50 and sold it. I really like the 6-24x42 and have it mounted on a Ruger stainless mark II in 260 caliber. It is a great scope. The 10-50 was ok it was just so big and the crosshairs were too small for my use. If I find another 6-24 this weekend at Tulsa gun show I may buy another.

Back