Sierra Bullets shipping?

I did years ago

Anyone here order direct from Sierra? Are there shipping charges reasonable?

after winning a 50% off certificate at an IBS championship. My recollection is that what I bought was a bit cheaper than going through a distributor but not by much. That must have been 15 years ago though. Not sure what the deal is now buying direct. Back then I think they were pricing direct higher to protect their distributors and retailers.

after winning a 50% off certificate at an IBS championship. My recollection is that what I bought was a bit cheaper than going through a distributor but not by much. That must have been 15 years ago though. Not sure what the deal is now buying direct. Back then I think they were pricing direct higher to protect their distributors and retailers.

Obviously they don't want to compete with their distributors/large buyers. Was surprised to see they'd even sell direct. I live within 35 miles of a Scheels, BassPro and Sportsman's Warehouse and none seem to stock what I want. There is also a large Mills Fleet n Farm store which carries some stuff. The classifieds forum seems to be dead as far as bullet activity goes, thought about putting a want to trade ad there. Sierra was about $3 per 100 more than a couple of their distributors but I never chased the order far enough to determine a shipping charge. Graf would be the best bet [their $7.95 flat rate shipping is a good deal IMO] on a 500 piece order, but I don't need that many. Sportsman's Warehouse has free shipping to their local store, so would just be sales tax. Might be the best bet if they don't have them on the shelf.

Look at

powdervalleyinc.com and see what their pricing and availability for what you want is. Their shipping is higher than graf.

Thanks for the Heads Up on that supplier, I was just about to buy three difference Sierra projectiles for some testing.

Bob

Well, I needed just a few so I stopped at the Sportsman's Warehouse and they had them. When you search for them on the SW site it takes you to an order page instead of letting you check local availability.

Back