Shout out to any of the men that I used to shoot IR50/50 and RBA with.

Kent Owens

I seldom look at forums any more, but was thinking this morning of all the good folks that I used to shoot with weekly, and those I ran into at the big shoots. I know some have already passed on, but I hope the ones still here are doing well. Have a great year shooting guys!

I seldom look at forums any more, but was thinking this morning of all the good folks that I used to shoot with weekly, and those I ran into at the big shoots. I know some have already passed on, but I hope the ones still here are doing well. Have a great year shooting guys!

Great hearing from you Kent. Hope to see you at a match somewhere.

TKH

Kent, Glad to hear you're out and about !!

Hi Kent,
Good to hear from you, wish you were still around shooting, as Tony said hope to see you at a match down the road !!!!!
Pete

Good to see some guys are still alive and well. I doubt I'll be attending any rimfire matches any more. I still have all the equipment, but ranges here in the area no longer shoot IR50/50 or RBA, or anything else for that matter. Besides, I was just barely able to get around the last few matches that I shot several years ago. Got old, hahhah. Had a heart attack that took away a lot of ginger, and had a hip replacement, and still need another done as well. That's a tough game when you're not hitting on all cylinders, and tough when you are. I never could stand to half way do anything, so just showing up and slingin' lead down range wouldn't suit me. But, I do miss the fine folks and fellowship of them. Lots of nice people in rimfire.

Howdy Kent

Hope all is well. I'm still enjoying the WARM in Florida until about April 10. Good to hear from you.

Pete

Kent, great to hear from you ! I still have most of my Kit, as well, but I grew tired of chasing ammo, & the travel. Sadly, a lot of the Ranges in the Mid-Atlantic have dropped out of the Rimfire Game. Maybe we'll find the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH & give it another go !!!!! I'll never forget the night we spent at that Motel near Charleston, SC when we had to call the Cops on the WEDDING GROUP. Hard to shoot well with no sleep.. All the best, Glynn

Yeah Glynn, I remember that. That was one of those "Unforgettable experiences", but not the good kind. I don't think I've been back to SC since. LOL

Hi Kent, glad to see you posting again. I never shot with you, but I am still shooting that Falcon you built. When I got my game face on, it does its thing.

XevPfvN.jpg

I'm sure this is not what you had in mind when you built it.

OhEZk0n.jpg

Frist time I ever shot it. No rest or bi-pod, just sitting on a 6x6 block of wood and a pad. 3 lots of ammo, no sighters between lots.

2bBExo3.jpg

zblaGkm.jpg

Best first custom rifle I could have hoped to had. Like to find another Benchmark like the one it came with.

Keep posting Kent, its always good to hear from you.

George

Last edited:
George, that's great shooting! Glad it works for you. Believe me, I never sent out a rifle that I didn't think I could win a match with, once finding the right ammo match. Of course some folks can shoot, and some just talk. But' always nice when someone is happy with the rifle.

Kent: Good to hear from you. Like you I have been travel restricted so I've been away from the great folks in this game, just as you are.

The good news is many of us are still around, just maybe not within eyesight distance.

Best of luck to you and travel when you can. I know I'll be trying to get out once in a while. bob

Bob, glad to see you're alive and well. It'll be Springtime soon, noticed some trees already starting to bloom this afternoon! Then I'll have a job, mowing grass. hahhaha

Hi Kent,

I don't watch the forum as much as I used to. Glad to see you're still kicking. I miss the big matches and all the shooters too. Don't travel much any more.

Keep in touch,

Ken Henderson

Ken, glad to see you're still alive and well. Always enjoyed shooting with you and your wife at the big matches. Figured you'd have moved South by now to get out of shoveling snow. LOL I remember some of the snow stories, and you shoveling it away from the window so you wife could see outside when at the kitchen sink. LOL

Back