Short jackets in 6.5mm - Available from Berger!

Cabrera

Just to inform that Berger has made a run of 6.5mm, 0.860" jackets.
Length is ideal for bullet weight in the 80-87gr range.
Those of us using 6.5BR or 6.5 Grendel and the like in short range, have now the foundation from which to build high quality flat-base bullets.

And no more trimming, Life is good!

George
Cincinnati, OH

That's great news.... I wonder if Larry Feusse is on top of this.

Those bullets would be great in our 6.5 BR projects

I got mine.......

last week. They measure out great! Finally, good ( no, excellent ) jackets to make 6.5 bullets. I will be starting with about a 74 gr. bullet for my new 6.5 Grendel Benchrest chamber. What a coincidence, I just got a bran new Bartlein 15 twist 6.5 barrel by UPS today. Guess what I will be doing this weekend.

Larry

6.5 Grendel Benchrest report.

I chambered up the 15 twist Bartlein barrel and made up some brass Saturday. I found that with 80 gr. 6.5 bullets on a .860 length jacket the bullets stabilize nicely in 20 degree weather. With about 30 gr. of H 4198 I am getting about 3400 fps. One hotter load was able to achieve 3500 fps without any bad pressure signs on the brass. But 3400 is fast enough, and the powder is at the bottom of the neck. I will try this set up at the 200 yd. match at WWCCA next Sunday. I think that 6 BR case volume would be too much for this weight/length bullet.

Larry

I chambered up the 15 twist Bartlein barrel and made up some brass Saturday. I found that with 80 gr. 6.5 bullets on a .860 length jacket the bullets stabilize nicely in 20 degree weather. With about 30 gr. of H 4198 I am getting about 3400 fps. One hotter load was able to achieve 3500 fps without any bad pressure signs on the brass. But 3400 is fast enough, and the powder is at the bottom of the neck. I will try this set up at the 200 yd. match at WWCCA next Sunday. I think that 6 BR case volume would be too much for this weight/length bullet.

Larry

Sounds great! I think you have a well balanced cartridge/bullet combo FWIW. I bet it shoots! Keep us posted. --Mike Ezell

That's awesome Larry. Please keep us posted how it works in your next match. Wish you the best of luck, I am rooting for you.

Been having good luck as well with the new jackets, in my 6.5BR.
My bullets are forming right at 78 grains, 5 grains lighter than before, due to limited punch sizes in my core seating setup (need to order some other sizes).
I said to myself 'good enough for a test'. Well, they are shooting lights out with a full case (36.1 gr) of Norma 201 and now I am afraid to change. Velocity is in the 3400 fps without pressure signs, tune is centered, no vertical to complain about, and seems to cut thru the wind better than with the heavier bullets. They are shooting good for sure.

George

New jackets

Does anyone know if there are new .25 cal jackets suitable for about 75gr bullet of match quality in the pipelines ? It is amazing how little effort is put into the .25 cal

I coresponded with Berger concerning shorter 25 calibre jackets and the response was " an order of 50,000 jackets could get things started.
I would be willing to cover the price for about 10,000 of them if some others could come in to cover the rest.
Ted

Back