Shooting WRABF targets are reduced ranges

DanB

Shooting WRABF targets at reduced ranges

I just spent an hour or so making a resized wrabf target for use at 50 feet. Making an accurate reproduction at a reduced range is not as easy as reducing the size of the target by 66%. The reason is because you would have to use a reduced size plug for each shot as well as a scale reduced target. The standard .224 plug would have to be reduced to .148" which is smaller than a 17 cal hole.
What I did was measure each ring in the standard target and compute the minute of angle required with a .224" plug to make a hit. The dimension of each ring is computed at 50' based on angle and .224" plug size.
This is what it looks like,
50__wrabf_crop.jpg

Shooting this target at 50' with a .224" plug will translate to 75' but only in a perfect world where pellets disperse in a linear manner. In the real world dispersion is not linear so the results you get at 50' with this target are little better than would be had 75' if both were shot indoors. Outdoors the difference would be bigger.
If you would like to try this target send me an email and I'll send you a copy that is printed on an 8.5x11 sheet.
Dan

Last edited:
I forgot to say that with this target to shoot an X you have to obliterate the solid black circle. A ten is touching the red dot, and an 8 is touching the solid black. The rest of the target is normal.
Dan

Last edited:
is target scale

I forgot to say that with this target to shoot an X you have to obliterate the solid black circle. A ten is touching the red dot, and an 8 is touching the solid black. The rest of the target is normal.
Dan
Is target to scale looks a little large what's the scale.

Cheers
Colin

Dan,

Could you bring one of these to Holbrook on Sat. if you come?

Tim

Unfortunately I won't be at Holbrook Saturday. If you or anyone would like to print a target send me an email at obturate at juno.com and I'll send you a copy.
Dan

Dan,

Could you bring one of these to Holbrook on Sat. if you come?

Tim

Back