Seb original rest issues

br30-6ppc

Recently picked up this seb rest . looks way nice .
However when I placed the handle on the coaxial
Tightened the 3 screws I couldn't help notice the handle rotates 360 degrees. So then I merely moved the handle forward and back. I could actually pull the shaft out . wow any good realalistic ideas.. Tried to post pic. However if you choose. Type in seb original rest and there is only one video of the original. Rest.

Last edited:
Which model are we talking about? Not sure which three screws you are talking about. My NEO has a friction lock for the handle, which turns opposite what I would have expected to tighten or loosen.

Bob

Last edited:
Tried to post pic. The only other way to type in original seb rest. In the search section of your home page.There is only one video on there the others are of the seb neo..thanks

Last edited:
Seb Original

Mine does the same thing...I'm thinking that the shaft was originally glued or locktited in and it has broken down overtime and comes loose.

The main shaft and handle should rotate 360, but it should not pull out of the bearings. If it is pulling out of the bearings, push it forward some (1/2”) and apply a light coat of epoxy or loctite or even super glue, which ever you have available. Then slide the shaft back to allow the glue, epoxy or such to set in the front bearing and you should be good to go. Just don’t apply too much material, you don’t want it to get into the bearing itself or you’ll be replacing the whole bearing then.

Back