Scuba Tank?

What pressure level max? How big? Several sellers of new tank with carbon fiber wrapped being the most expensive but are a bit liter in weight.
if you go to Airgun Warriors Forums several sellers listed there. Besides the tank you will need a valve,gauge, hose assembly. Yes you can use a 4500 psi tank with a 3000 psi gun - more gun fills per tank fill that way.

You can also check with local dive shops or welding stores. Breathable air is not required for guns/ pistols- Buying a tank through them might get you free fills if you do not have a compressor - compressor from local box store isn't going to work- Hand pumping a 80 cf tank to 3000 psi is a real workout and a bit more to 4500psi . like any compressed gas tank periodic inspection and re-certification is required. You can get , buy or rent compressed air tanks from welding supply shops. Rental gets around the rec-certification thing and they do have a life span as they are regulated by the feds. Also gets around the compressor cost $600 on up

If you real need to take a tank along then one of the small tanks makes life simpler can be filled from larger tank with proper connections . Not a good idea to leave a cylinder in car in hot weather ( any kind of compressed gas cylinder for that matter)

Transport- various cradles around as well slings, some use a hand cart for the 80cf and larger units. Hope this helps some.

Thanks. Got all the valves etc figured out.

Can get a new Venturi 80 cu tank for $200 delivered.

Can get a unused carbon fiber tank for $100 that is several years old. Just don't know how these are dated.

I only need 3000.

Have had an R1 and 97K for many year. Both have Venom type upgrades. This will be my first venture into PCP

When I dove with tanks, I never owned my own, with the exception of a Bail Out Bottle or a Spare Air. Too easy to rent tanks in almost everywhere I went, and especially better than trying to travel with them. When I started diving on Tri-Mix, I thought I might want some tanks, but instead bought a Hollis Prism II TriMix rebreather.

Bob

Most likely use an 80 cu, 3000.

I figured out the cart. I have a folding dolly on the other side of the room. It most likely will evolve.

Last edited:
one way to get around the high cost of your own compressor to fill an 80cuft tank is the renting a big bottle(Typically nitrogen) from the welding shop and the using that to fill the 80. air is about 79% nitrogen anyway and works fine in the pcp units. around my place rental fee is about $7/mo.

I only need 3000.

If for PCP use, get a 4500 PSI cylinder, it will fill many 3000 PSI gun cylinders before it will need a refill....A 3000 PSI scuba tank will go down in pressure fast....many of us bought a scuba tank many years ago just because those were pretty much the only option but not today...

Regards,

AZ

I only need 3000.

If your use will be PCP then get a 4500 PSI cylinder, it will fill many 3000 PSI gun cylinders before needing a refill....A 3000 PSI scuba tank will go down in pressure fast....Many of us bought a scuba tank many years ago just because those were pretty much the only available option, but not today...

Regards,

AZ

I only need 3000.

If your use will be PCP then get a 4500 PSI cylinder, it will fill many 3000 PSI gun cylinders before needing a refill....A 3000 PSI scuba tank will go down in pressure fast....Many of us bought a scuba tank many years ago just because those were pretty much the only available option, but not today...

Regards,

AZ

OK.

Where do I find a 4500 PSI cylinder?
Will it have a K valve for my yoke?

Thank you

Back