Scotty Crawford's Cartridge Holders For The Farley Rest

D

dardascastbulle

Today I received Mr. Scotty Crawford's cartridge holders (6PPC & 30BR) that screw onto the Farley Rest joy stick. After searching in vain online and coming up with a zero, I posted an inquiry on here hoping that someone would have knowledge of such a cartridge holder. Scotty sent me a PM to call him and that I did. I must say that they are works of art! The holders are made of aluminum. All of the surfaces are highly polished and chamfered. Even the threaded holes are smooth. The holders will screw onto the joy stick ninety degrees opposite the stick. And, this is exactly what I was looking for. The hand will typically articulate toward the rest when it is resting its heel. Anti-rotation is accomplished via a nylon tipped set screw that is located at the end on the cartridge holder. The cartridges are tiered upwards - front to back and side to side.

Attached are the photos of Scotty's Cartridge holders. Scotty definitely cares about his work! A very fine example of high quality work!

Thank you Scotty!

Matt Dardas

100_2070.JPG 100_2071.JPG 100_2072.JPG 100_2073.JPG 100_2074.JPG

Last edited:
Matt

Matt,
The set screws have a nylon tip for thread protection, Thanks for posting the pic's.

Joe,
This is the David Reynolds version, I think it was a Rachels Glen when I first saw his, He had made it out of clear plastic and ground it by hand
on a bench grinder or belt sander or something, I told him it looked like $hit he grinned and began to kick all of our a$$es. I miss David!

Edited The Post For You Scotty

Hi Scotty,

I edited my post to reflect the nylon tipped set screw that you install in the cartridge holder, Scotty. Just want to make sure that the information is correct and complete for those that are searching for your holder.

Thank you again, Scotty!

Matt

Scotty always does a fantastic job whenever he undertakes something. But let us not forget it was Larry Costa who came up with the idea after "cannibalizing"a custom cartridge box. I am happy to see Scotty doing these. They will be perfect in every way.

Joe

Billy Stevens was the first I saw with one.

Matt,
The set screws have a nylon tip for thread protection, Thanks for posting the pic's.

Joe,
This is the David Reynolds version, I think it was a Rachels Glen when I first saw his, He had made it out of clear plastic and ground it by hand
on a bench grinder or belt sander or something, I told him it looked like $hit he grinned and began to kick all of our a$$es. I miss David!

Me too! His craziness brought sanity to our sport. ----- Well-- you had to be here.

Back