Scoring Homologation

One problem though. If .177 and .22 are shooting together, then ALL of the .177 shooters shots need to be measured as .22 to be equal and fair. That's just not doable in a match.

I must've missed something when I tried to explain the plugs and scoring..It is DOABLE and it is done everywhere...You only require 3 different plugs for scoring any of the 3 calibers.
The .177 USARB scoring plugs have a .184 shaft to make sure they fit tight in the .177 pellet hole but the scoring ring measures .22...The .20 plug also fits tight in the hole and has a .22 scoring ring...The .22 plug has similar characteristics....Since all plugs have a .22 scoring ring, no caliber has an advantage over the others...

Get and use a perfectly leveled scoring board so the plugs are perpendicular to the targets/pellet holes...Otherwise the scoring may not be correct

Regards,

AZ

AZ,

Your tip has certainly improved my scores! I was scoring my targets by their .177 holes, but although I don't a pro tool yet, I found a rod with a perfect .223" diameter and carefully resized all of the .177 holes to .22, using calipers to be sure the diameters were correct. Beside making the holes much more concentric and easier to judge, my 225 jumped to a 234-2X, and my 230 jumped to a 237-3X. It feels almost like cheating to see these huge holes in the paper, large enough to almost take out the 9 ring at .31459", but rules are rules. Thank you so much!

Scrench

I just bought a .177 scoring plug for our club from Hughes Precision. I don't know if it's the best, but I'm sure it will do the job. It was only $8.50 with free shipping. Thanks for all the advice.

Scrench

Wish I had had that information earlier strever, thank you! Contacted Hughes immediately to make sure I got the right one, but I definitely would have enrolled our club if I had known.

To cover my bases and make sure I have the proper equipment. I went ahead and joined USARB, and will get those two free gauges and magnifier as well. If nothing else, I can teach someone else to score.

Back