Scoreline - Additions

19Turkeys

All,

The second half of the Scoreline season begins May 1. With that, we are going to add additional information, namely a shooter's home club and equipment. If you are shooting at a club other than your home club, it would be helpful if you would indicate your home club on your first target. Also, we want to include the rifle manufacturer, make and caliber for each shooter. Again, it will help your match director if you will indicate that information on your first target.

As webmaster, the goal is to provide as much useful information to both members and prospective members as possible. Your help in accomplishing this is greatly appreciated.

As always, ideas to improve our website are most welcome. You can email me at usarbscores at gmail dot com.

Yours,

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
According to the rule book, the second half of the season begins May 1st, not April 1st. Has something changed?:confused:
Todd

Hi Steve,
According to the rule book, the second half of the season begins May 1st, not April 1st. Has something changed?:confused:
Todd

Todd,

You are correct. I had a mental lapse. I have edited the original post & made the correction. Thanks for catching that.

Steve W.

Last edited:
Steve,

Remember, you asked, so here goes.

It is great to see who has shot what, and where they stand because of it. But how it is currently being done does not include those of us, like myself, who have only been able to shoot the required minimum of 9 Targets per Class, or the Aggregate total for those 9, or how we should be positioned when compare with the rest after taking that Agg into consideration.

The problem I have is: as of right now if a shooter has submitted more than 9 Targets for any Class, their best 9 are not only being highlighted in RED, but also being listed in the order of how their Aggregate totals stand up against others who have also submitted more than 9 targets. But, what about the rest of us who have also shot 9 Targets, and why are we not included into those standings appearing at the top of each Class while showing our 9-Target Aggs?

What I think should happen is: once 9 or more targets have been submitted for any Class, an Aggregate total should be created and posted showing those 9 in the position that total would places them regardless of whether more targets have been submitted, or not. And, of course, and future scores that are submitted for a Class, and better than what is already on record would better the Aggregate Score of that shooter by how much better those scores were than the lowest scores already posted.

Again, you asked.

Dave Shattuck

Steve,

Remember, you asked, so here goes.

It is great to see who has shot what, and where they stand because of it. But how it is currently being done does not include those of us, like myself, who have only been able to shoot the required minimum of 9 Targets per Class, or the Aggregate total for those 9, or how we should be positioned when compare with the rest after taking that Agg into consideration.

The problem I have is: as of right now if a shooter has submitted more than 9 Targets for any Class, their best 9 are not only being highlighted in RED, but also being listed in the order of how their Aggregate totals stand up against others who have also submitted more than 9 targets. But, what about the rest of us who have also shot 9 Targets, and why are we not included into those standings appearing at the top of each Class while showing our 9-Target Aggs?

What I think should happen is: once 9 or more targets have been submitted for any Class, an Aggregate total should be created and posted showing those 9 in the position that total would places them regardless of whether more targets have been submitted, or not. And, of course, and future scores that are submitted for a Class, and better than what is already on record would better the Aggregate Score of that shooter by how much better those scores were than the lowest scores already posted.

Again, you asked.

Dave Shattuck

Hi Dave,

Actually, I am glad you asked this as I have been wrestling with this for several weeks. I agree with your position and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Give me a few days & it will be done. A question for you as I value your thoughts. Assume only 9 targets are submitted. Do you see any value in putting them all in red? I'm thinking leave them black but put the aggregate in red. Your thoughts?

Steve W.

I 100% agree, so long as they're brought into the mix!

Dave

Better, but it still doesn't show the Agg totals for those of us who have only shot 9 targets, or have them listed as they should be within those who have shot more than 9 targets.

We're getting there, that's for sure. And I for one want to thank you for your efforts.

Dave

Better, but it still doesn't show the Agg totals for those of us who have only shot 9 targets, or have them listed as they should be within those who have shot more than 9 targets.

We're getting there, that's for sure. And I for one want to thank you for your efforts.

Dave

Dave,

I must confess that I don't understand your request. All competitors with 9 targets have aggregates and are ranked from high to low. As an example, Ron Silveira is listed with 9 targets in Indoors-HV in third place behind Dick Strever. Thought that was your request. I did go back & look at the Scoreline & saw that I inadvertently did not type the word "Aggregate" on your score & 2 others. I have fixed that. I also looked at rankings & do not see any that are not properly placed. If I still have not got this right, please clarify.

Yours,

Steve W.

Steve,

I will try to show by example what I am talking about by using what has been posted thus far into the Scoreline Results section on the USARB website. For sake of simplicity I will use the Indoor Heavy Class as my example.

What we have there is:
1.) PAUL BENDIX, who has submitted a dozen targets so far with his best 9 equaling 2,250-180X
2.) DICK STREVER, who also has submitted a dozen targets thus far with his best 9 equaling 2248-148X
3.) TODD BANKS, who again has submitted a dozen targets thus far with his best 9 equaling 2,244-131X
4.) TOM SANTOS who has submitted an impressive 21 targets with his best 9 equaling 2,242-88X
5.) STEVEN WARE with a dozen targets, the best 9 of which equals 2,232-102X
6.) TONY FARCELLO with his 15 targets, and the best 9 equalling 2,226-74X
And finally comes
7.) FRANK KODL with an impressive 24 targets being submitted, the best 9 of which equaled 2,211-63
Followed by a list of several shooters who have submitted 9 or fewer targets

BUT, what about those who have only submitted the required 9, like:
Chris Sloan's 2219-108X
Mark Marini's 2235-137X
Ron Silveira's 2247-156X
or Pete Roberson's 2218-83X
All of whom have submitted the required 9 targes, but none of whom appear in the list of top shooters. By the way, out of those listed who have only submitted a total of 9 Targets, not only are their 9-Target Aggs. not shown, but:
RON SILVEIRA should be listed in 3rd Place under DICK STREVER,
MARK MARINI in 6th place under TOM SANTOS, and
CHRIS SLOAN and PETE ROBERSON should both be positioned between TONY FARCELLO and FRANK KODL.

I hope this clarifies where I'm coming from.

Dave

Steve,

BUT, what about those who have only submitted the required 9, like:
Chris Sloan's 2219-108X
Mark Marini's 2235-137X
Ron Silveira's 2247-156X
or Pete Roberson's 2218-83X
All of whom have submitted the required 9 targes, but none of whom appear in the list of top shooters. By the way, out of those listed who have only submitted a total of 9 Targets, not only are their 9-Target Aggs. not shown, but:
RON SILVEIRA should be listed in 3rd Place under DICK STREVER,
MARK MARINI in 6th place under TOM SANTOS, and
CHRIS SLOAN and PETE ROBERSON should both be positioned between TONY FARCELLO and FRANK KODL.

I hope this clarifies where I'm coming from.

Dave

Dave,

Using your example of Indoor HV:
Paul Bendix 2250
Dick Strever 2,248
Ron Silveira 2,247
Todd Banks 2,244
Tom Santos 2,242
Mark Marini 2,235
David Shattuck 2,234
Chris Sloan 2,233
Steve Ware 2,232
Tony Farcello 2,226
John French 2,224
Pete Roberson 2,218
Frank Kodl 2,211

These scores are ranked regardless of number of targets shot and are ranked high to low. To date, I have received no other scores that give a competitor 9 targets. I see no errors here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Red is used to easily allow a reader to find the best 9 targets. I saw no need to highlight only 9 targets in red as they all count.

Thanks for your input.

Yours,

Steve W.

Last edited:
Thank you Steven!

Now everything looks exactly like it should, in ALL Classes.

Dave Shattuck

Back