Scope With The Most MOA Elevation Adjustment ??

I have two Baush & Lomb 10x Tacticals. They are original Baush & Lombs, not Bushnels.
One is mounted on a AR-50 (50 BMG). They have 145 MOA of up. I mounted it so I have access to all of the 145 MOA as "UP"

That is the most I have ever seen.

I have shot the rifle to 1,900 meters, but it will go to 2,900 meters if I can find the range.

Interesting. What type of base did you use to achieve this?

what i have been trying to point out to you is that with various 300 win mag loads you do not need 140 moa to get there, esp if you start with a 40 moa base.

define what you want to do BEFORE you spend any money.

the guy is shooting a 50 bmg it does not relate to a 300 win mag...apples and oranges

what i have been trying to point out to you is that with various 300 win mag loads you do not need 140 moa to get there, esp if you start with a 40 moa base.

define what you want to do BEFORE you spend any money.

the guy is shooting a 50 bmg it does not relate to a 300 win mag...apples and oranges

Why do you keep sticking your nose into this? It doesn't matter what caliber his gun is. I'm inquiring about his BASE. Not his gun. I don't have to "define" anything to you. You've got nothing to do with this.

Lynn answered Billt's original post:

"the US Optics SN-9 has 235 MOA in it"
and "...use the Berger 215 Hybrid at 2945 fps or the 198 grain Flatline Bullet and (be) good to go past 2000 yards."

What kind of Scope you are asking for? Night Vision, Binocular, or any other ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
best night vision scope for air rifle

I'm thinking of setting up a Remington 700 Sendero in .300 Win. Mag as a long range boomer. I'm leaning to a Leupold Mark IV 16X 40 MM because of it's very large MOA elevation adjustment. (140 MOA total, 70 MOA either side of zero). That would allow me to utilize a 40 MOA Nightforce Steel Base, and still have 30 MOA downward adjustment when zeroed at 100 yards. On the upside, I would have a full 110 MOA upward adjustment. This would allow for very long range shooting with no holdover. Even longer using the Mil-Dot System.

My question is does the Leupold 16X 40 MM offer the largest MOA elevation adjustment of scopes in this price range? Here is the scope:

https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-mark-4-16x40-lr-t-m1-riflescope-mil-dot-reticle-matte.html

I shot 1000 yard BR with one. It is one of a few scopes that have over 100 MOA in them. I see the problem is that that 300 mag is going to go sub sonic before you run out of scope adjustment. Especially if you use a 40 MOA base. The other problem is seeing impacts or wash at long distance. Everything needs to be good to see them including air quality and target position. You also need a spotter and even with good glass he will struggle to see hits. Matt

I'm thinking of setting up a Remington 700 Sendero in .300 Win. Mag as a long range boomer. I'm leaning to a Leupold Mark IV 16X 40 MM because of it's very large MOA elevation adjustment. (140 MOA total, 70 MOA either side of zero). That would allow me to utilize a 40 MOA Nightforce Steel Base, and still have 30 MOA downward adjustment when zeroed at 100 yards. On the upside, I would have a full 110 MOA upward adjustment. This would allow for very long range shooting with no holdover. Even longer using the Mil-Dot System. My question is does the Leupold 16X 40 MM offer the largest MOA elevation adjustment of scopes in this price range? Here is the scope: https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-mark-4-16x40-lr-t-m1-riflescope-mil-dot-reticle-matte.html
Just out of curiosity, what is your experience level shooting very long range, and what sort of targets have you used if any? Most of the people who read this sort of thread are probably going to be concerned with what kind of results they can get shooting at some form of target, many of those situations will involve competition. Generally I think that it is a good idea to look at the equipment lists of those events and see what is being used by the top placing shooters. On the other hand, if you are in historical reenactment that is an entirely different matter. This is a hobby, and you get to do it whatever way you want as long as you are being safe and legal.

Back