Scope power

Depends

what power scope would be good for 300 tards

on the size of your target. For IBS score BR shooting minimum 36X but more is better imo. For shooting at NRA targets at that distance perhaps less because the X and 10 rings are larger but have no CF experience with them.

For Rimfire: 50 yard IR 50/50 as much as you can stand. For the LCRC fun shoots using NRA targets at 100 yds a 10X is ok but more is better. For 200 yds, same comment.

Get yourself a Leupold or Weaver 36X and call it done.

I'm gonna say this and could be wrong. I've read a lot of your posts and it seems that you're all over the place in terms of what game and what equipment. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but the very best thing you can do if you plan to shoot competitively is find out exactly what you want to shoot, attend a match or two to see what's going on there, and then come back here to get the straight skinny on what you need. I say "come back here" in the chance that what you see there is not what you need to buy.

i want to do it all.lol.i plan on shooting at lcrc on march 20th at 200 yards.the most powered scope i have is a 6.5-24.never shot that far

That will work just fine

i want to do it all.lol.i plan on shooting at lcrc on march 20th at 200 yards.the most powered scope i have is a 6.5-24.never shot that far

power wise but you will need to shim the rear base, maybe 15 or 20 thou. With a 100yd zero and standard velocity .22 rf ammo there is about 40-45" of drop between 100 and 200 yds. Many scopes just don't have enough internal adjustment to compensate for the rainbow trajectory. Another option is Burris Z rings with the inserts. Some use those effectively.

Back