Scope, IR50/50 sporter

Well, the good thing is that you are getting a gun to shoot the class and that is most important and should serve to improve your skills.
If you really enjoy it after a while get yourself a good bolt gun and build a nice platform, but frankly too many guys go wild right at the beginning, chase their tail and get frustrated.
There's a lot to be said for taking things one step at a time.

Well, the good thing is that you are getting a gun to shoot the class and that is most important and should serve to improve your skills.
If you really enjoy it after a while get yourself a good bolt gun and build a nice platform, but frankly too many guys go wild right at the beginning, chase their tail and get frustrated.
There's a lot to be said for taking things one step at a time.

I have been through some of that frustration in UL. I finally got a handle on some of it late in the season. Still more to work on, a lot of it mental. I am sure I will like the new challenge of sporter, but finding out first is prudent. A sporter weighs less than half of my UL, 43.5x less scope as well. That's a big pill to swallow! There is also the issues of getting a semi-auto to shoot well. Ignition, lack of a good BR trigger, and tuning magazines are the big ones.

I really do appreciate the interest that this thread has had. I am grateful for the support and advise.......later, Scott

Back