scope height

What is your zero when you start? - nhk
Obviously, you set the scope to zero, by turning the thimbles until they point to that. That's what those markings are for.

I can't understand why everyone is trying to come up with a mechanical solution to what is obviously a software issue. Next someone will suggest using a chronograph to determine muzzle velocity; Quickload will tell you what it is *suppose* to be.

Zero

Obviously, you set the scope to zero, by turning the thimbles until they point to that. That's what those markings are for.

I can't understand why everyone is trying to come up with a mechanical solution to what is obviously a software issue. Next someone will suggest using a chronograph to determine muzzle velocity; Quickload will tell you what it is *suppose* to be.

Sarcasm becomes you. - nhk

don't mean to drift the thread, but since you seem to know stuff about chronographs, could you explain to me how to adjust one for daylight savings time?

east or west of the mississippi ?
mike in co
don't mean to drift the thread, but since you seem to know stuff about chronographs, could you explain to me how to adjust one for daylight savings time?

east or west of the mississippi ?
mike in co

Longitude doesn't matter, DST is DST is DST! Spring or Fall it's gonna' getcha' (except for AZ which doesn't observe the custom) and Lord Preserve the poor soul who forgets and plugs in his ballistical data without making allowance. COMPLETE pita. What if you're a working man and sight in your deer rifle in August only to find yourself shooting East in November? Or let's just say you hunt Arizona, IN the hilly country, and get a dowhill shot? Greenhill's Formula won't get you out of THAT pickle I'll tell ya!

al

That's easy. In the fall pick a sunny day, wait till noon and bend the thingy that sticks up till its shadow lays on the eleven Now you're adjusted for daylight wasting time. In the spring reverse to one for savings. Anneal with propane at least once every five years or risk loss of precision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back