scope choice for 1k br

6.5fan

I am looking to upgrade my scopes on my match guns this year.I have narrowed my choices down to two scopes,nikon 6-24/50 monarch or luppy vx-3 8.5-25/50.I was wondering what everyone thinks would be the best choice.The nikon only has about 30-34 min travel and I want to be able to get a 100yrd zero thats not over 1.5"-3" high.this seems to be the only set back with the nikons.the new luppy vx-3's are nicer that the 8.5-25 long range scopes I think.with the luppy's travel is not an issue.thanks for advise in advace.

I like the Leupolds. It will last forever, the Leupold service department will make sure of that. Seeing as how that's the case I always buy the nicest Leupold I can possibly afford.

I am looking to upgrade my scopes on my match guns this year.I have narrowed my choices down to two scopes,nikon 6-24/50 monarch or luppy vx-3 8.5-25/50.I was wondering what everyone thinks would be the best choice.The nikon only has about 30-34 min travel and I want to be able to get a 100yrd zero thats not over 1.5"-3" high.this seems to be the only set back with the nikons.the new luppy vx-3's are nicer that the 8.5-25 long range scopes I think.with the luppy's travel is not an issue.thanks for advise in advace.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Don't get rid of those Simmonseseses!!! The horror! :D

My Pref in order of budget:

Sightron 8-32 or 10-50
NF BR
NF NXS
March/S&B

With the new Sightrons I would not even consider the Leupold or Nikon offerings...seriously...but that is just me...ok, well at this maybe not just me anymore.

Comparing my 2008 model 8.5-25 leupy to the new Sightrons was all the convincing I needed. Sold 3 of my 5 leupies over the past year and added 2 sightrons...and a March.

See you at the range buddy.

JB

p.s. - the 8-32 Sightron has 75MOA up (same as 8.5-25) and they are adding more reticles for 2010.

Tod,

Leupold sneaked that in a year or two ago, about the time one of mine went MIA on its way back from the States. I was a tad surprised when the replacement the local agent gave me had the extra clicks.

John

my 12-42 nf in 20moa rings will achive a 100yard zero. i dont know if my case is odd???viper action stiller 20moa rings.
tom
I know night force fits the bill but is way out of my price range.then there is the boat ancher issue.I had one when pa's weight limit was 16.5lbs and couldn't make weight.:(I talked to someone who uses nikons and they said I could get 100 zero and a 1000 with a 15min base.I am going with the 6-24/50 nikon.

Martin,

Before you pay the money on a nikon, let me ship you my 6-24 sightron to look thru...seriously.

I had a brand new Leupold MK4 8.5-25x50 that went bad the first week I had it. The elevation and windage turrets both locked up tight, so I shipped it back to Leupold for repair. They fixed it instantly, and returned it Second Day Air. That kind of service is hard to beat today.

However, don't expect them to answer any letter you enclose with a bad scope. They won't even look at it, and anything they tell you on the phone is just a low level moron stalling for time.

- Innovative

i would take jb up on that, he has been to how many shot shows? and looked through how many scopes?

i only mentioned the nf because i think the elevation travel is only 45moa, and because i love my boat anchors.

if only they could keep up with sightron on power........won't mention any names though...kb
tom

Last edited:
Nikon versus Sightron

Plus one for Jason. I have both and I really like the Sightron. My new 10x50 is in PA now with fine crosshairs and can't wait to get my hands on it. The Nikon is a fine piece of glass and is what I use for 600 yards, but the extra mags that the Sightron gives you for a couple of hundred bucks is worth it.

Back