Sad news

tim

It is with great sadness I report the death of Bob Raide, great shooter, national champion, and a great friend and shooting companion to myself and many others.
He had not been active for a couple years but the sport will truly be diminshed.

My condolences to the Raide family. And to you Tim, I know you two were pretty close.
Only had the pleasure of shooting with Bob twice, at Easthampton. Seemed like a no nonsense, not politically correct,& comically grumpy kinda guy.
The two of you were quite a pair! Sorry for your loss.

Keith

sad news

My condolences to the Raide family.
I only shot with Bob a few times but took to him right off the bat. Great guy and great shooter
Sorry for you're loss Tim, I know what it's like to louse a good friend.
P.I.P. Bob, I know you are in a better place
Ray

So sorry to hear this. Bob "The Termite" Raide was a great competitor and a fun guy to be around. I enjoyed shooting with him always. If I'm not mistaken, he won both IR50/50 6 Gun Nationals that he entered. He may not have been as keen on traveling all over to the big matches across the country as some, but when he did, watch out. Nicknamed "The Termite" cause he loved to win wood, he was a character, and he'll be missed.

Haven't been here in a week and this is the first post I see, hate to see it. Bob was a good guy and great shooter. Always fun, he would shoot a 250 and complain about lack of x's. Remember the time he locked his keys in the trunk? The guys were getting ready to go thru the back seat and Cherie asked, isn't there a button to pop the trunk open? Problem solved. We'll miss him and his humor.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

Ken & Cherie

Back