ross precision stock

bob finger

I admit I am fascinated by the design of the Ross Precision Stock. Link to see it is http://www.rossprecision.com/products_stock.htm

Any of you had any experience with this? Impressions pro or con? How critical is barrel diameter in the clamping block, ie does one have to have the barrel turned to fit the clamp or is some variability acceptable? How well does it ride a rear bag?

I'm tempted to order one to play with, but hesitant at this point. Thanks for any opinions. bob finger

Dennis Reineki is using one or you can email Mike at Rossprecision.com. You might want to look a Accushot also. Randy has been floating actions with some impressive results for several years.

How well does it ride a rear bag?

Bob,

That's a prone stock: I'm really not sure you'll be happy with it if you use it on sandbags...

Which action do you use ?

Paul

The Ross stock that I have is just the base aluminum stock-piece with the barrel-clamp -- without any pistol grip, check or butt parts, forearm rails, etc. I modified it to fit my one-piece rest.

Ross' standard clamp is 3-inch long, for 1-inch diam barrel. My barrel is smaller & tapered, so I had it turned level and sleeved. You need a tight fit to clamp it securely.

My action cantilevers about 10-inches behind the clamp, which I felt was excessive. Modified the alum stock to use the rear action screw, with damping washers.

am trying to attach a photo !
Dennis Reineke

Attachments

• ULARossDouglas002.jpg
    ULARossDouglas002.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 370
Back