Roedale actions?

Design particulars?

Does it use a sliding gate extractor in one of the lugs? Is that enough different to not violate Stiller's patent?

K.D. Veit action

Looks like a steel version of the K.D. Veit action that was made in Germany. Some of those was also a “drop port” The one’s I have were made in 1996 I think. Also if I remember correctly, the shooters from France have been using the “Drop Port” Veit’s a year or two before any one in the US started making them.

The Veit action use a sliding extractor in one of the lugs. It works very well, and with the three lug design, there are no safety problems. It looks like the Roedale action might be using the same thing.

Eric

Does it use a sliding gate extractor in one of the lugs? Is that enough different to not violate Stiller's patent?

Winchester used the sliding extractor on the post 1964 actions. Did Stiller buy the public domain patent? Hall uses the sliding extractor, did Allen violate some patent rights, That was before Jerry Stiller made actions.

Winchester used the sliding extractor on the post 1964 actions. Did Stiller buy the public domain patent? Hall uses the sliding extractor, did Allen violate some patent rights, That was before Jerry Stiller made actions.

Sorry if I was not clear on my comment. I think Stiller's patent covers the drop port feature. Stiller uses a Remington style extractor on that model.
BAT, Nesika, Savage, lots of manufacturers use the sliding gate extractor, don't think it was ever patented but maybe it was, long ago.
The Roedale is a drop port but uses the sliding gate style. I was wondering about the drop port feature being a possible infringement on Jerry's patent, not the extractor. The sliding extractor works on the Roedale because there is a lug at the BOTTOM of the bolt when extracting a cartridge. Not possible on the conventional two-lug bolt gun.

Back