robinett 30 br trim lengh

As I read it, he would like to shorten the neck and keep the same amount of freebore, which will require re-grinding the neck and the throat. Yes, it can be and is done. If he only shortens the neck, there will be a longer area in front of the chamber, so the throat would need to be re-ground also, if he wants to maintain the same amount of freebore. As Randy stated, a short case in a long chamber yields a freebore area that is neck diameter, as opposed to generically, bullet diameter. I would consider that to be substantially less than ideal.

stool, understand or not this is the answer to your question

Jerry
Your absolutely right. I took this popular reamer for granite, and just assumed it would be right.
I will report however that the barrel shoots incredibly well. I mean light out actually!! I only have 30 or 35 rounds down it but it puts them in the same hole with a 112 bib and 34.5gr 4198. I don't have but a handful of bullets left and I didn't realize how expensive 30cal bullets have gotten. Not to mention how hard they are to come by.
I see no need to sell the reamer at this point. If I chamber another i will just make my brass a little different. I guess the only real downside i see is that the extra room in front of the neck will be a prime spot to collect carbon. If I decide to buy more bullets and i keep the barrel on the rifle, i will just have to keep a close eye on this spot so that I don't get a bad carbon ring. Barrel shoots well though. really does!! Lee

His bullets shoot better than all the others in what ive put em thru. I currently shoot em in my score gun and ive went to using the other brands to fireform that would make people cringe

Back