Robertson's Composite's New Stock (Pictures)

G

Gary Walters

This is a picture of Vic Smith's new toy. The stock is the new Robertson's Composite Benchrest Stock. This is the only one I have seen so far. Thought someone would be interested in seeing the new design. Vic just made a new very thin butt plate for the gun..........GW

2lktx83.jpg

nb2689.jpg

I have seen

it at the Western Canadians in Selkirk, Manitoba.

It has features that I like that my SG&Y does not have. The biggest thing I like about it is the grip area is smaller and not as fat or thick.

I do not have the biggest hands so I found it more comfortable.

The tang area also has a greater downward slope to avoid having the notch the stock out for the bolt to have clearance. The sides of the forend go up higher in comparison to the SG&Y. The height if memory serves me correct is very close to the typical height of the sides of the front rest bags.

I definately would try one.

The fellows out in Tacoma should have seen it as well. Robert Seaman for sure and I believe Jeff Wardlow have them.

Last edited:
IS THAT A PATCH CATCHER ON THE END OF THE BBL.....lol

certainly cannot be one of those new fangled TUNERS.....

mike in co

Mike-You were close

IS THAT A PATCH CATCHER ON THE END OF THE BBL.....lol

certainly cannot be one of those new fangled TUNERS.....

mike in co

Actually, that thing on the end of the barrel is a Rain Guard............GW

Not sure

if weight will be an issue. Robert's LV is a Stiller drop port with a March scope on top and he made weight quite easy.

When the Alberta boys get home from there shooting trips they will most definately pipe in.

LV/HV specs

Panda Action w/static ejector, March 50x, Kreiger 6mm 237 13.5 twist barrel, Jewel BR trigger, Robertson Composite's new BR stock (26.5oz) with out weight system. Rig in pic weighs 10.8 oz..

Its also sporting a tuner engineered and manufactured by Jackie Schmidt.;)

Load data is as follows, brass Lapua 220, Bullets, mostly Barts HH's and Lester
Bruno's 68gr OO's jammed hard, power sourse is VV-133, how much? As Jackie says LOTS!!

PS, I also used Jackie's new Pacific Tool and Gauge "0" throat reamer.:cool:

Last edited:
No Problem

I did the barrel for the Rifle, and that is one of my tuners on the end of the barrel. I did have to cut the taper the same way I do mine, leaving only about 3/4inches of "straight" on the chamber end, cutting the barrel at 21 1/2 inches. I can't remember the exact weight of the finished barrel, but I think it was 79 ounces. With the tuner, which goes about 5.5 ounces, it made weight with no problem.

We purposely assembled this Rifle with a tuner, and a March Scope in mind, to make weight at 10.5 pounds. The originol stockweighed 25 ounces.

Hope this info is helpful.........jackie

Jerry

If that darned Hurricane, (Ike), doesn't hit here, I plan on leaving Wednesday night. It would be rather rude of me to head out of town, leaving my Wife and others to sit out a big storm, while I go have fun.

We will know in a couple of days.......jackie

Ian and his company make great stuff.. Have a couple of his SG&Y F Class stocks and they are first rate. Nice people to deal with as well..

Stock is $260 Canadian, uninletted, in one color. Inletting, butt plate, fancy colors etc. cost extra. I called Rob Comp today and they are saying 8-10 weeks for delivery AFTER all specs are agreed on and order is finalized.

Weight for LV version, inletted, was quoted as "26 ounces."

Rob Comp Phone: 1-613-228-7543 .

The right attitude...

If that darned Hurricane, (Ike), doesn't hit here, I plan on leaving Wednesday night. It would be rather rude of me to head out of town, leaving my Wife and others to sit out a big storm, while I go have fun.

We will know in a couple of days.......jackie

That's the exact right attitude. Keeps the powder dry for future hassle free future out of town matches and blown primer heads.;)

Ha...virg

Back