Rimfire BR at Olympics

If I had the equipment and skills to compete, I'd sure try to do so. But, seeing as how I've only been shooting for barely over a year, only own one CZ and one Brno, and mostly shoot smallbore silhouette, it would turn out to be an embarrassing beating at this point in time, hehe. My shooting wouldn't represent my country very well at all, as I'm sure there are an enormous number of more accomplished, skilled, and better equipped shooters than I. If I ever get some serious equipment and do some serious practice and learning, perhaps. Right now it'd be an expensive laugh. :)
Shorty are ypu planning on attending and representing your country? If so, good luck over there.

I think it would be an extremely sad state of events if a country the size of the USA that is the home of benchrest couldn't manage to send even just 5 - 6 guys to the inaugral world champs.

Who cares if you win or lose, to not show up to such an event just doesn't seem right.

BJ,
I didn't hear about any kiwi's going. I can handle getting beaten by the rest of the world, but to beaten by a New Zealander, the shame of it all, I just handle that sort of thing.

Compared to the USA, from Australian it's twice the distance and near twice the cost, yet we have 9 shooters going.

Peter

Good luck Peter, hope you ( and the team) bring home some good results.
Would have been good if a few more of the top ranked shooters could go.

Last edited:
Peter,

There is a small group of benchrest shooters here and an even small sub group of rimfire shooters. From what I have seen the Aussie scene is a lot bigger than down here.

The guys here have to travel quite a bit within the country to get to matches and a few go to the centrefire worlds and the super shoot. For the same guys to travel overseas to a rimfire match is probably getting to be a bit of an ask.

Also I don't think it is quite the same a Kiwi team not going as it is there being no team from the USA, the guys that invented this BR stuff !!

Good luck the Aussies ..........

Bryce

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooshooter,

We have a good squad going, the top 2 qualifiers will be there, Sophie won’t go home empty handed in the juniors, Nick and Karl will do okay in seniors. We’ll have fun.

Peter

DJ,

I didn’t see your post on the bottom of page one.
If your guys don’t want to support you and you’re on your own, I could bring an extra team shirt and you could shoot on one of our Australian teams. There is nothing in the rulebook to say you can’t and this sort of thing has happened before, the first time your guys went into battle in WWI they wore Australian uniforms (it’s in the history books)

Peter

Peter,
I appreciate the offer but I think with David going and Craig will probably go and possibly Danny we should have atleast 3 and maybe 4. So we should have a Team USA!! dj

I agree with Kent. There's a lot of postal shooters who seem to be internet shooting wonders, but yet you never actually ever see them do it live. :confused: It's easy to type in a great score, but there is no keyboard to doing it live. ;)

Brad,

Your right, for years we've been watching the US scores on the internet and it will good to see them shot live.:D:D

Peter

www.oz-rba.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter,

My comments wasn't directed to anyone here I don't believe. I was just stating what I have come to believe. Seeing is believing. Or like we say here in the show-me state, "Show Me"! I truely believe these guys going from USA will in fact be there to show and not just show up. :D

Back