Rifle Accuracy Systems tuner / muzzle brake experience

Sounds like you might be a hydraulics engineer, perhaps a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers waterways engineer or something like that. Let us know now dampening the particles in your tuner works.

Me..........I want nothing to do with getting my tuner wet. It works just fine dry, but if you think making yours moist is a good idea, go right ahead and dampen it. :D

Meanwhile I'll concentrate on damping and controlling barrel vibrations in my never ending quest for improved accuracy.

It uses tungsten powder and works very well. Nothing wet about it. Been using mercury to balance id and fd fans in power plants for years. Theyre just 10,000hp tho

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 315
RAS tuner brake

I have tuners on 7 of my barrels (R.A.S, PDT, Shade tree and Davies tuners) and my new gun being built will also have a PDT tuner fitted. It is likely that some of my other low round count barrels will also have a tuner fitted at some stage. Most of my barrels are for F class, but the braked one is for 1000yd Light gun.
Back to the R.A.S tuner/brake, I had one of these put on my 284 Shehane Light Gun barrel and if I get any more light gun barrels, they will also get a R.A.S tuner brake. The brake works very effectively, making a 284 Shehane feel like a 6 Dasher to shoot. I did have this brake previously on a 6 Dasher and the recoil was reduced enough that gun did not upset the bags and the joystick did not have to be adjusted between shots, only moving back 1/2" or so in slippery bags. The tuner works as expected and I was able to repeatedly get groups to open up and close back down as it was move to and away from its preferred location. What I like about tuners is that I can go to a match with one lot of ammo and wont have to worry about the load being out of tune if the weather turns exceptionally hotter or colder than expected.

Ouch

From Jackie:

"I guess my question would be how you get a custom barreled/custom action/custom stocked 22-250 to shoot that bad to begin with.?"

It was easy. I have been able to produce far worse groups as well with only slightly more effort.

:)

Back