Rifle Accuracy Facts by Harold Vaughn

afrench

would anyone that has the book "Rifle Accuracy Facts by Harold Vaughn" be willing to sell it, for a reasonable price?

i've looked around and it isn't available anywhere.

thanks.

What is reasonable? Means different things to different people.
Lat time on Amazon they had one for $325. They have none available at this time.
No, mine is not for sale.

Long way around

This may sound like a silly thing to do ....... but
I saw copies of this book for sale at BRT shooters supply here in Oz. If you find you can't get it anywhere then you could try there.
Andy

Holey KRONK! I had no idea'r.....

I did the same thing with 'Hell, I Was There'..... instead of buying about 5 copies I'd just tell people "go get a copy of Elmer Keith's book..."

until now you can't.

buggah

al

About ten yrs ago Harold's son useta' come on here. I've spoken with him here and in private but I don't think he checks in anymore. Let's hope he does!

CALLING ROBOTDR!!!!

LOL

al

I went and looked at my copy of Rifle Accuracy Facts, and apparently the copyright is held by Precision Shooting, not Vaughn & his heirs. The book contract though, may have given Vaughn certain rights vis-a-vis any electronic editions, so I don't know the whole picture.

I will say that if I had the text on disk, and the images, I could put together a nice ebook in PDF format.* As I'd donate my time, and as there are no printing costs with an ebook, aside from any distribution costs, there would be no cost for the entire project.

If downloading the book could be hosted by a site (like BR Central) for free, the entire book would incur no costs. Any price then, would be determined by how much the copyright owner and author wanted for the book.

Getting books to "camera ready copy" is what I've done for over 30 years. Easy enough to do, though as I'm semi-retired, it would take a while. Particularly to straighten out those images.

Charles

*There are advantages to pdf over ePUB, even with the as-yet-to-be-tried ePUB3 spec. Far as I'm concerned, EPUB is just a way the device manufacturers have come up with as a way to push their products over other manufacturers, and I won't do that kind of work. The same with Digital Rights Management. Most follow up studies concerning DRM shows it hurts a publisher's profitability, but it is pushed by the reading device manufacturers.

It's not the only book that hard to get now........try getting a copy of "Precision Shooting Reloaders Guide" I was trying to locate a copy of it for a friend, I found some used copies on Amazon for over $100 and even found a couple of brand new copies one for $537 and the other for $1468.

Guess I should've bought a few extra copies of some of these books when they were available.........Ian

I will say that if I had the text on disk, and the images, I could put together a nice ebook in PDF format.*

LOL!

Brennan?

It's in a paper file somewhere is my guess. :)

BTW I don't in any way dislike David Brennan, we don't even know each other. I just tried to submit an article in 5-parts once and I think it might be possible that Mr B is even less computer literate than I'm, if that's possible.

al

LOL!

It's in a paper file somewhere is my guess. :)
Al, it was typeset at one point. And edited. A Word file is probably easier to work from -- it wasn't *typeset* from a paper manuscript (or no wonder PS went out of business). But if not, the typesetting file should have retrievable ASCII.

Rifle accuracy facts by Harold R Vaughn

I have a copy that I would sell.

It's in 95% + condition.

Best offer after 30 days plus postage to the successful bidder.

My perogative to accept/decline a bid.

I am in Australia.

Just because you see books listed for these absurd prices, doesn't mean they're actually selling for that. In fact, they're probably not really selling, or they'd print more... I still saw copies of Vaughn floating around on gun-show bookseller's tables not too long ago (for ~$50 or so, expensive, but not absurd). If you can patiently look around, you can probably find a copy for a reasonable price.

And I just threw away (yes, it's true) a copy of "Hell, I Was There..." because it wasn't worth lugging my surplus books to the bookstore and waiting around for a couple of hours to be told they'd give me $5.40 for the stuff they wanted and I'd have to lug the rest back...

GsT

It's in 95% + condition.

I am in Australia.

Really? Really?

First post after joining today and we should believe it’s legitimate????

Annnnnnddddd on a six year old subject?????

Really??????

Really????

It's in 95% + condition.

I am in Australia.

I'm offering $65USD shipped to WA state USA if the book has dustcover.

I'm willing to send funds, you ship once check clears..... no rush as I already have 4 copies

I've ordered books, bottom metal and parts from Oz in near past, lines are open, shipping is quick and reasonably priced.

let me know

I'm offering $65USD shipped to WA state USA if the book has dustcover.

I'm willing to send funds, you ship once check clears..... no rush as I already have 4 copies

I've ordered books, bottom metal and parts from Oz in near past, lines are open, shipping is quick and reasonably priced.

let me know

Dustcover?

Was this printed as a hardback? My copy is paperback, and I bought it before anyone cared.

GsT

Dustcover?

Was this printed as a hardback? My copy is paperback, and I bought it before anyone cared.

GsT

I buy 'Hell I Was There' and 'Rifle Accuracy Facts' in both hard and soft cover editions. I have two hardcover editions of RAF still in the plastic as well as wrapped copies of 'Precision Shooting Reloading Handbook' and 'The Border Wars Of The Upper Ohio Valley' by Hintzen

They make great Christmas gifts.

Brennan was one of the last of the Greats...... he truly recognized excellence and worked his butt off to produce it. His collaboration with Norm and Rocky Chandler is an example..... I treasure my collection.

He might have attracted more writers

and contributors if he had accepted electronic submissions.

Back