Reticle Choice?

Q

Quoddy

I'm soon going to be joining the 6BR gang here via a Borden from Jim. I'll be shooting mainly 600 yards, and it looks like I'll be needing a new scope. My Swarovski maxes out at 18X, and I'm looking toward a Nightforce 12-42x56 BR. My question is... what reticle would match this shooting best? I'm considering, in this order, CH-3, Ch-2, and a remote chance for a NP-2DD. Having never used the scope, or shot this distance, I'm looking for the best reticle recommendations.

Reticle choice

Quoddy: I just recently bought a Nightforce 12-42x BR, and got the NP-2DD. Very satisfied with it. I believe it is their single most popular, if not, then very close to the top.

I have three BR mod. all have the NP-2DD and hope to add to the collection soon with another of the same.
Terry Pohl

I've tried others, but always seem to come back to the NP2-DD.

Danny

Well, that surprised me a bit, but I'll up the NP-2DD in my selection thinking. Anyone else?

I am surprised not more fellas are picking the ch3. I am new to NF scopes but the CH3 seems to make the most since to me. I really like the .125 dot. Any reason why some wouldnt like such a fine dot? It is easy enough to see, at least for me it is. Lee

NP2-DD for BR. The simplicity of this reticle without having top stadia lines allows good visibility of bullet strikes.

Back