resurrection of a 1965 Rem 40X 22 lr

If you are going to buy test lots of Eley ammo, be aware that if you find a lot # that shoots good, it will probably be sold out when you go to order more. My suggestion would be to buy some sample boxes and note the velocity your rifle likes and then, when the next shipment comes in , buy three or four bricks of the velocity your rifle shot good with.. This way, if it does shoot good, at least you will have some.. If it doesn't shoot good, you can always sell it..

Today's ammo situation is a farce, prices keep going up and you can't afford too many different boxes to test and when you do, and you find a good lot#, it is gone when you go to order more..

I am glad I have about two years supply left before I have to worry about that again for a while..

Dave

The .211 groups was for five shots. The BR target is, to the bets of my knowledge, 50 shots. I think a 242 is a bit optimistic. I am ordering some additional lapua and 6 bricks of Eley from Killough. That should keep me going for some time. I will ask at Killough if they have the targets you mentioned. I am also limited to the benches at the range. Additionally, having a guy next to you hammering a target with a 460 SW magnum does not help. I installed a Jewel trigger in the 40X and am ready to go the first of the year as I am heading north for a white Christmas. I did find some Federal UM22 and 922A at a local gun show. It was the same price as Eley. I also saw that Remington has Eley branded EPS ammo.

Thanks for all the info,

Dale

New Jewel trigger

Just installed a jewel trigger. Have to wait to shoot as I am vacationing in New Hampshire. Happy Holidays

Back