Results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 300 Yard Score & Group Shoot 8-13-16

pikedrop

Results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 300 Yard Score & Group Shoot 8-13-16

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club hosted a 300 yard score and group match on August 13, 2016. A grand total of four shooters showed up at the beautiful Isabella 300 yard range. We had intermittent rain until about 11:00 am when we finally saw some blue sky. The winds were from our backs at about 10 mph and as you can imagine they were quite tricky.

I, and all the other competitors would like to thank Freddy Ross who ferried the targets back and forth with his truck, Scott Radtke for scoring, computer entry, and printing the results, and to Steve Robbins for being the range officer and match organizer. Even with only four shooters this match would not have been possible without their help!

Now onto the blow by blow. We shot the 300 yard score match first with the first relay starting at 9:20 am. Matt Dardas won the score match shooting his Borden 30BR with a great looking Roy Hunter stock. My score of 250-7X was good enough to win the Isabella County Sportsman's Club Benchrest Shooters Pin. Greg Reed (shooting 63 grain Hottenstein boattails) was close on my heels with his fine 250-3X. In third place shooting the only other 30BR was 'The Leather Man' Rick Averill with his fine 245-7X. And taking the Sandbagger Class in high style was Ron Breedlove shooting his 6PPC hammering out a 245-6X.

And then we switched over to shoot the 300 yard group match with the absence of rain and mirage for the most part. Matt Dardas (again) won the match with an aggregate of 0.3123 shooting the same rifle. Greg Reed was again close on my heels shooting a fantastic 0.3169. Ron Breedlove hauled in third place laurels firing a 0.3356. And nailing down the Sandbagger Class was 'The Leather Man' Rick Averill with his fine 0.6419.

We all retired to the Judge's Bench in beautiful downtown Winn, MI to reconnoiter about today's experiences. There is one more match scheduled at the Isabella range and that match will be a 100/200 score match (the 5th leg of the Michigan Benchrest Score Tournament) on September 10, 2016. Please do come out and share in the comradery!

Just the messenger boy...

Matt Dardas

Greg Reed
Greg Reed.jpg

Rick Averill
Rick Averill.jpg

Ron Breedlove
Ron Breedlove.jpg

From left to right: Steve Robbins, Marge Robbins, and Scott Radtke
Scott Radtke, Steve & Marge Robbins.jpg

Attachments

• Isabella 300 Yard Group Match August 13, 2016.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Isabella 300 Yard Score Match August 13, 2016.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Congratulations Matt!
I was hoping to go and had everything ready but my daughter took Friday night off to take me to a Calcutta shoot. Didn't get back till late. To bad as it looked like you could have used a few more shooters and Steve sure runs a nice match at the Isabella club. It has been a long time since I have shot a 300 yard match.
John

Back