Results of Holbrook's Windfest !! 4/14/12

ModelA

Simply awful switchy winds even for Holbrook. 10-30 mph with gusts even higher.

Had to brace the target stands.

None of the LV or HV classes broke 700 with

Todd winning LV class with a 695 6X

Daniel won the HV class with a 699 14X

Al Joly won the Open Class with a 723 21X

Franky won the Production Class with a 663 8X

Seems most had more fun shooting clay pigeons at 100 yards.

Before the match faily calm conditions.
004-11.jpg

Franky watching Dan Brown video his 100 yard clay target shooting.

005-13.jpg

See you next weekend.

Paul

Last edited:
Paul,
It WAS fun....except for shooting the targets! You know it's going to be a bad day when your very first shot for score lands in the black. Hitting the clay pigeons at 100 yards with the EV-2 was much more fun!

I'd like to congratulate Daniel Finney for some good shooting with his Marauder. He was shooting at just 14fpe to win the HV class. Al Joly's 246 on the last target in the toughest conditions of the three was simply amazing! I think other than his custom stock, his FX is basically a factory gun. Nice shooting guys!!!
See you all at Pinnacle next week,
Todd

Holbrook definitely has the most challenging conditions of any range that I've shot at. I wonder if the proximity to the ocean has an influence. Here are some pics and vids.
Dan
CIMG0095.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

The calm before the shoot.

Last edited:
Good video Dan . I had a good time . Good shooting by all in the wind . Al was step above all the rest of us . See you all in N.H. Sat .

Paul, Again thanks for all your hard work to put this shoot on. Al, Daniel, Todd and Franky congrats on the wins, as it seemed that someone had the fans blowing in four different directions at the same time! It was a pleasure to meet Max ( best looking dude from NY lol). Hope to see all at Pin Mtn Sat.

Mark

That Tod Banks has bad taste in women. No disrespect to Ms. Banks but that dog he had at the match is a shining example why people should not go to bars before they go to a shoot.

Great shooting guys and as usial one hell of a job done by all who made it happen.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

Thanks for running another one of Holbrook's most memorable moments, and thank you especially for not posting anything below first place. It was truly humbling!

Congratulations to our four Class winners as they had their work cut out for them before the first shot had even been fired, as did we all. As Todd said, it was a little disheartening to watch the number of shots go into, or out to, the black and beyond as did. But, hey, isn't that what's so great about it? If it were any easier the challenging part of the game would be gone, and what fun would that be?

Hope to see you all at Pinnacle next Saturday. And let's all hope for some calmer conditions.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's Paul; You always run a good Show with good Guys.About the Wind, I need a Super-Sonic El-Gamo next Time. Will be at Pinn. mt. Sat. w/Al.....Franky

Back