Results Montrose Air Rifle Club Outdoors February 21, 2016

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
I called the usual suspects last night and talked one of them into shooting our first outdoor match this morning. Darrin also brought one of his friends to make it 3 shooters. The weather was actually pretty nice in the sun with temperatures in the upper 40's and only 2-3 mph reasonably steady winds...just getting the props to turn and the tails to move solidly. We shot my Open class rifle that I have been working on. As a guy that has never shot a genuine Open class gun in a match, I have been pretty amazed at how well this thing cuts through the wind. I've shot some great scores with it lately, but today was the best conditions I have had so far. Today marks the 3rd time above the 51x range outdoors with it. I'm gonna pack these up and send them off to Joe to take a look at. :D

Mike Niksch Thomas Open (1) 249 19x, (2) 250 18x, (3) 250 22x (Total) 749 59x

Darrin Westermann Thomas Open (1) 248 14x, (2) 247 11x, (3) 247 12x (Total) 745 37x

Brian Weekes Thomas Open (1) 245 8x, (2) 246 11x, (3) 245 10x (Total) 736 29x

Mike

Attachments

• Card1.jpg
    Card1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Card2.jpg
    Card2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Card3.jpg
    Card3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 202
I

Mike Niksch Thomas Open (1) 249 19x, (2) 250 18x, (3) 250 22x (Total) 749 59x

Mike

Mike that is wonderful outdoors' shooting. The conditions you describe may be some of the very best in my opinion/experience, but still have to be read to get X scores like those.
Can you share the pellet type and velocity for these Open class cards? ... I can appreciate a simple "No"!

I am presently experimenting with .177 at 25/26 fpe to 100 yards and am encouraged with things so far. If in time the consistency of the hardware mix, in certain wind variance, holds up I will share it with you.

Best regards, Harry.

Thanks, guys.

Harry....I sent you an email.

Paul....that's still an excellent score. Good shooting! I'm sure I had a little luck on my side.

Mike

I heard back from Joe after sending my targets in...and they scored 2 X's more for a 749 61x. I had supected that they would, but wanted to be conservative and get them in front of Joe for a final decision. Alas, it will not make the record page... because I had forgotten to renew my yearly club sanction...lol. I sent in 5 years of dues so I won't have to worry about forgetting for a while, again.

Mike

I hope your joking about it not counting?

I heard back from Joe after sending my targets in...and they scored 2 X's more for a 749 61x. I had supected that they would, but wanted to be conservative and get them in front of Joe for a final decision. Alas, it will not make the record page... because I had forgotten to renew my yearly club sanction...lol. I sent in 5 years of dues so I won't have to worry about forgetting for a while, again.

Mike

Mike Great shooting!

Paul Bendix

Back