Results Montrose Air Rifle Club Outdoors 2-10-18

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
The weather has been really mild here this winter...with temps in the mid to upper 50s many days. Darrin and I decided to get together and shoot an outdoor match for something to do besides work. Waking up this morning it was clear that it probably wouldn't be as nice today...and we considered making it an indoor shoot. We toughed it out and actually had some really calm conditions for most of the time. Darrin caught the wind on his last row of his last card and dropped 2 more points. I came out clean and was very happy with the results. We both shot high powered 22 cal Thomas BR's with JSB 25.4s at about 880fps for an unlimited class match. Within ten minutes after finishing the wind picked up to near 30 mph and the snow started flying! Fun day, anyway. I'm going to send my cards off to Joe for record verification.

Mike N 1) 250 18x 2) 250 18x 3) 250 18x Total 750 54x

Darrin W 1) 250 17x 2) 248 12x 3) 248 14x Total 746 43x

Way to go Mike and Darrin!

Will have to try some JSB 24 gr pellets in my SUMO as it shoots 16 and 18's about the same.

Still fighting with my health and have not shot in a match all winter. Still run the matches and everyone helps out.

Paul Bendix

Sorry to hear about your health, Paul. I hope things get better for you.

The rifle will shoot the old 25.4s and the new ones equally well.

I got word back from Joe that the score was verified as a 750 57x.

Thanks,

Mike

Back