Results Montrose Air Rifle Club Indoors November 29, 2015

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
It's a cold and snowy day....but, somehow I managed to talk my wife into shooting a few cards indoors.
I shot Monsters at 790, and she shot a new batch of AA 8.4's at 790. We used the same gun and just changed the transfer port jet to switch power levels. I cleaned the barrel once before my first card, and after my wife's first card.

Mike Niksch Thomas HV (1) 250 19x (2) 250 20x (3) 250 23x (Total) 750 62x

Matti Niksch Thomas LV (1) 250 17x (2) 250 21x (3) 250 22x (Total) 750 60x

WOW ! Great shooting Mike and Matti

Mike,
Great score and high X count with the Monsters! Now if you cleaned the barrel before Matti's first card she would have several more X's.
Wish I had a barrel that would shoot LV and HV then I would get your Adjustable Transfer Port.
My HV barrel doesn't like anything but Monsters.
I will have to try my LV barrels with the Monsters the next range session.

Hope you had a Great Thanksgiving and are spoiling the Grandchildren!

Paul Bendix

Thanks Paul,

I'm certain there is more potential left.....but feel like I'm zeroing in on the dual purpose setup pretty well. When I get the cleaning procedure locked down....it will do better. This was the first cards out of this barrel, and we actually had a lot of mirage to deal with due to an overhead heater and a cold building. I shut it off for a few minutes, but my wife threatened to leave. :)

Thanksgiving was nice, and the grandkids are getting their fair share of spoiling. Hope you had a nice one as well.

Mike

Cleaning Process

Mike,
Please keep us up to speed on your cleaning process!
Joe Peacock

Mike
i agree with Joe
to shoot a card like that i would need to clean after every 5 shots
but am getting closer

Paul
we need to do little things to keep our scores better then spouses or young ones :)

Dick

Thanks...

I got a chance to shoot 6 cards after work, today. Since the shop was nice and warm, I shut down the heaters so I didn't have to fight the mirage.

LV (1) 250 21x, (2) 250 21x, (3) 250 22x, (Total) 750 64x

HV (1) 250 24x, (2) 250 24x, (3) 250 23x, (Total) 750 71x

Not too shabby for straight out of the tins. :D

The guy that is working with me is interested in shooting....so I'm hoping we can get some regular indoor matches going again.

Mike

Cards

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 154
Mike I think they are all wonderful scores.

You have every right to feel very proud to have brought your dream to where it is now.
Having a wife who shares your interest is a real bonus too.
Very best regards, Harry.

Back