Results Montrose Air Rifle Club Indoor Sunday March 14th-Scoreline

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
It ended up being such a beautiful day.....we could have shot outside. Soon, though.

Mike Niksch Thomas .22 Open (1) 250 21x (2) 250 22x (3) 250 18x (Total) 750 61x

Darrin Westermann Thomas .177 HV (1) 249 17x (2) 250 16x (3) 250 18x (Total) 749 51x

Mike Niksch Thomas .22 HV (1) 250 18x (2) 250 18x (3) 250 19x (Total) 750 55x

I shot a 4 groove Lilja with JSB 15.9's and AA 16.0's at 825fps for the open class (AA's were not as good in that barrel).....then switched out the regulator to shoot the same pellets at 750 for HV. The Lilja would not even begin to group with them at 750, so I put my LW in and shot my HV cards. Darrin shot 8.44's at 825 for HV.

Mike

Mike,

I'm impressed! You know that you've got me trying to figure out where the money is going to come from so I can get one of your guns don't you? After shooting Paul's and doing better than I've ever done along with watching what you've been doing is driving me crazy.

Congratulations on another great performance - twice.

Dave

I though I missed a day. Sunday is the 15 th

Great shooting guys!
Looks like the next time at Joe's you will be shooting a Thomas in .22?
Great X count.
They tried to deliver my Thomas at your place. Maybe Monday?
Paul

Hi Paul.....yes, FedEx tried to deliver on Friday. They called and told me I could pick it up after 5:00, but when I went there the delivery driver had not yet returned. So it will be redelivered on Monday.

I actually shot a .22 in HV this last time at Joe's. I just didn't shoot it all that well.:D It was the exact same gun, barrel and pellets that Doug was shooting (although his was electronic).....but he still stomped me in the 2nd match. I have shot both of the guns indoors, side by side, and you cannot tell the difference between the two. I keep missing little clues about where the pellet might be going.....and he doesn't. :D

I set up a range outside my shop building recently. It has all kinds of stuff around it that screws up the wind and gives misinformation. I'm going to practice whenever I can and see if I can somehow make more sense of the tricky stuff like I see at Joe's.

Mike

Good to see some info on the Lilja's

Outstanding shooting with that 4 groove .22 Lilja Mike.

I've been working on a pair of 3 groove .177 Lilja barrels from Dan in my TM1000 and EV-2. The choked barrel won't group with anything I have at any velocity; however the taper lapped barrel is very promising at 900 FPS with 10.3's in 4.51mm head size; both of these have a bore diameter of 0.173".

I also have a .177 BSA blank with a bore diameter of 0.173" at the choke that's very promising at 790 FPS with 8.4's.

I'm surprised the small bore barrels work at all.

Mike Aber

Back