Remington clones

Jeff,
Its good to here you say something nice about some body for a change & a good choice of a man to say it about too.
I'm wondering what Leonard is charging for a dual-port action?
I hate to call him to ask because the phone calls almost always take him away from a machine.

Jeff,
Its good to here you say something nice about some body for a change & a good choice of a man to say it about too.
I'm wondering what Leonard is charging for a dual-port action?
I hate to call him to ask because the phone calls almost always take him away from a machine.

Well Jay when people treat you right, it's good to share. Likewise, when you are not treated right, it's also good to share. Maybe, just maybe, folks will realize that what they say and what they do need to coincide. I've bought and sold here and on www.varminthunters.com for years and never had a bad transaction, feel free to check it out.

Ultimately, people need to make their own decisions about who they choose to deal with. Do you think its right to get beat down and let others possibly suffer the same fate because you kept quiet?

To answer your question: I do not know what Leonard charges for his actions, he is doing work on 2 other rifles for me at this time and I just sent him a check for that work and threw in extra money for the action deposit, and told him when he gets time I wanted 2 actions, one for each of my boys. He mentioned a price to me but you really need to call him for your order.

CYA, should be back in 1K action in June.

Jeff in OH

2 comments

1st comment: Leonard Baity does excellent work, very knowledgable, decent turnaround, good prices, very, very nice guy. I highly recommend him. He built several long range rifles (300W, 6.5-284) for me that I very pleased with.

2nd commnet: I have done what you are doing and never been happy with the results. Silk purse out of a sow's ear issue. You will soon forget the sweetness of a good price if you are not 100% satisified with the results. You will look at the rifle and think "I should have gone with a BAT". You will have thrown good money after bad. I have never kept for long any rifle, pistol, car, golf clubs, boat, etc that I have done this with and finally have recognized not to do it anymore. Go with the best and cry once.

My 2 cents.

I agree with Andrew 100%. When i first started this hole rifle buisness i did what i usually do, and went totally crazy having rifles built, and i didnt even know what i really wanted. I had some nice rifles and everyone of them shot really well! I am a happy go lucky type of fella and it was all a ton of fun, and i met some really good people along the way, but in the end i just didnt have what i really needed. I have always enjoyed looking for deals and doing a little bit of trading for this or that, and i rarely over pay for anything, but no matter how good of a deal you made when you go to sell to get what you should have started with you loose a little coin. In the long run it will cost you more than it should have to begin with. I have sold all those rifles and i now have 4 rifles, but everyone of them is top notch with good glass and set up properly for my intended use. I also am currently using BAT for all my actions. I wanted one stiller diamond back but i could find one so i went with another BAT for the fourth rifle i am building currently. I must say i enjoyed every experience i have had, but if i had to do it all over again i would have listened a bit more and taken a couple deep breaths and built the rifles after i knew what i wanted or needed. Take if from me, It is very easy to get carried away but do yourself a favor and listen to these good folks here. They have never steered me in the wrong direction. The only wrong directions i have ever took were on my own free will. Good people and good advise here brother! Enjoy yourself, and good shooting!! Lee

Tom has one there in his shop with my name on it. I dont have any plans for it, and i may not for a while. Tom has offered me an opportunity to shoot his ppc rifle once it is finished. I will be able to let some folks see it and Handel it at some shoots if they care to. I really dont need any other rifles at the moment but i like supporting the good people in my life. I just really dont know or have any plans for it at this time. It will sit until i get the spare cash to play, and the idea. I think tom has a nice action, and i hope him all the best!! Lee

Last edited:
dasher

The dasher is a case that can be difficult to get to eject properly. The only three actions i have seen that would eject cases on a regular basis is the little Bats, Panda with a mechanical ejector and a viper drop port. Matt

don't forget the little diamondback can be made as a drop port also. it also would fit your stock, and gravity works well as your ejector.
tom

Back