Remington 700 to 40X

M

MarkR

There was a gunsmith named in here awhile back that welds the single shot follower into Rem 700 actions and I can't find his name since my computer crashed. Could anyone here give me his name and or web site?
Thanks
Mark

Mark, I have never heard of someone actually welding a steel floor plate into Rem 700 to render it a single shot. I am not sure what the purpose of that would be, considering the damage that could be inflicted on the action.

Now, what is done is to epoxy a aluminum follower into the action. These can be obtained from any of the large supply houses, such as Bruno or Sinclair.

Keep in mind, about all this does is allow you to shoot single shot without too much hassle. Any "sriffness" added to the action would be so neglegable that you would not notice.

Mark
I have 2 of the followers in my Rem 600 BR actions. I never take them out and I always shoot single shot as if the actions were made that way. In practice a Rem 600 is the same as as a Rem XP 100 with a solid bottom and straight bolt handle. With a factory Rem 700 action you can actually add the follower and shoot single shot and later remove the follower and have your original muti shot capability.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

700-40x

do a search.... there`s a smith in michigan that does this....
name something like kramer-kaufer... kampfeld....????

Thanks Jackie and Bill for the replys...It was indeed Kampfeld Customs that does this work.
Mark

Back