Remington 40XB-BR .222

lejarretnoir

JP Poulin
Remington 40XBR .222

Been searching for one of the Mike Walker classics in original factory or close condition.
These must be hard to find as I don't see any of them up in Canada for sale.
Anyway to go about finding one?

Last edited:
JP,
They are hard to find especially in untouched condition. You just have to keep looking. Try all the different gun sale sites.
I think the one you want is the 40XBR. It has the laser etched receiver and the wood BR stock. I have several and love to shoot them all.

Jim Williams in Georgia probably has some. I offered to trade him a like new one years ago and he said "not interested, got a bunch of'em brand new in the box". This was in the 80's.

JP,
They are hard to find especially in untouched condition. You just have to keep looking. Try all the different gun sale sites.
I think the one you want is the 40XBR. It has the laser etched receiver and the wood BR stock. I have several and love to shoot them all.
Yes, that's the exact one I'm looking for Del. Seen lots of 40X, but none of the 40XBR.

JP,

Del is right you probably want a 40XBR, but they don't all have the wood stock. I have three XBR's, two .222's and a .22BR. All three have the Green (McMillan Made) Remington Benchrest stock. The two .222's were made in July and August of 1995, so I don't know when they made the cut over from wood to fiberglass/kevlar.

Ed

Back