Remington 37 scope base?

T

tommyt

Hi, was there a thread on here about a scope base that a fellow was making, that did'nt require the receiver to be drilled and tapped?:) Thanks

A BKL 254 mounted on the rear scope mount does nicely with some scopes. Or try Ken Viani. He has made some in the past (and he does not have the 37 mount on his web page). I have one on a 37 and it works fine. bob finger

I posted a couple of months ago about a mount by Ken Viani. Mount uses the rear scope base holes in the barrel, and the receiver sight base on the rear. Can take the scope off and install the receiver sights, so switching back and forth is easy. I did have to shorten my mount--I cut about 2" off the front side so I could move the scope rearward (scope bell didn't clear the mount). I did this in lieu of getting extra high rings.

Here's a link to a rifle with a pic of the mount on it and contact info too.

http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=34782

Last edited by a moderator:
The Viani Remington 37 mount is different than the one in the photo link. With the 37 you must remove two screws, loosen another and remove the rear block before you can put the rear irons back on. The rail stays in place. Not a big deal perhaps, but in the interest of accuracy....and so it goes. bob finger

Bob--I just checked my 37, and all I do is remove the scope and rings, then slide the receiver sight (a Parker-Hale) onto the base and tighten. Perhaps some other types of sights require the machinations you describe.

Here's a pic of the rifle, mount, and rear sight (click to enlarge).

Interesting. I'm gonna look for a Parker Hale. I use a Redfield International and it needs a different base block, thus the take off/put on exercise. Its easy to do but I always worry about dropping one of the screws and chasing it all over the concrete pad or worse. Thanks for pointing out the differences. bob finger

Bob--you're most welcome. Good luck finding the P-H sight--and mine came with an adjustable aperture as well. Love the rifle, but haven't gotten used to it yet to the point I can shoot it better than my 513T. However, the 37 is clearly a big step above the 513T.

It was me that made a bunch of the mounts.I have been so busy at work I have not had time to make any. Maybe this winter, BTW Ken V's mounts are very nice to.

Here is a pic of the mount I was making.

16521remm2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back