Reloading Scales

N

NesikaPPC

Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement scale?

Digital over beam? or vise versa?

Brands? I had a digital one that worked from, no clue what happened to it, just won't come on anymore.

Robert

You know, if you put "Reloading Scales" in the search window on this site -- the new one, now that Wilbur has it hooked up to Google, you'll get page after page of posts, all from Benchrest Central, which might be useful to you. I just tried it before making this post.

After a question has been asked 100s of times (like this one), a lot of people just don't bother to post...again and again. To choose, you can flip a coin (poll the people who are new enough to answer) or do a search & all the reading...

I had a Prometheus I that I sold for a profit, currently have a Dillon for sorting cases, a Denver Instruments 123 and recently acquired this one, FX 120i. I find this unit to be more stable and faster than the DI 123. The Prometheus might be fancier, but the price differential for the benefit, makes the FX 120i a better buy.

A quick spec: Grains, 1882 @ 0.02 grain resolution

This supplier offer the cheapest price on this unit. You can download the spec and manual.

http://cambridgeenviro.com/productD...-A-D-5-Year-Warranty-Top-Loading-Balance-2867

My 2 cents I've been using an Ainsworth APX-153A for a number of years, with great results. Its goes for around $795 and they do make better ones but that was my price range at the time. Its wt. range is 150g-0.001, I always leave mine on but when I start to reload I always calibrate before starting.

Joe salt

Good grief.....I was going to reply with input when I happened to look at the date the thread was started!!!
Alanblunt24, You do know that you dredged up this OP's thread and question that was posted from before Thanksgiving of last year?

Cheap digital scale

Just a note on digital scales. I bought a cheap one and was very happy with the time saved over using my old balance beam scale. That was, until I noticed that the cheap digital scale was not consistent, weighing up to. 4 gr. different from the beam scale. Needless to say, I am back to using the balance beam scale until I can get a good digital. It's plain to see the moral of this story: Do Not Buy a Cheap Digital Scale. Unless you wamt it for weighing letters for postage.

Just a note on digital scales. I bought a cheap one and was very happy with the time saved over using my old balance beam scale. That was, until I noticed that the cheap digital scale was not consistent, weighing up to. 4 gr. different from the beam scale. Needless to say, I am back to using the balance beam scale until I can get a good digital. It's plain to see the moral of this story: Do Not Buy a Cheap Digital Scale. Unless you wamt it for weighing letters for postage.

That is the reason we all agree, BUY THE BEST AND CRY ONCE! We have all been there for one reason or other.

Joe Salt

If we want accuracy digital scales are better option because digital scales are easily available in market in low prices and output of these are also good. Some good digital scales provide is accuracy at .01 grms which is a positive edge indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, number of posts has no bearing on weird.
Some people have a reputation for weirdness a multitude of times and are quite boring.

Back