Regarding the new NEAVO action

From Iceland

Dear Sirs.

Any new news on the "revolutionary" BAT NEUVO action?

Thanks in advance.

Mgnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND
Ps. 35.6 Fharenheit, cloudy.

Neuvo Action

come on Chris Harris, let the cat out of the bag.

I apologize for keeping "cats in bags". I will be at the Ben Avery range next week and be shooting the action. You are welcome to take a look at it. Bruce Thom (of BAT) will also be there so you can speak to the man who had to toil weekends to machine this new baby.

I went to the range last weekend to test the new rifle and I was very pleased with the performance. Actually it surprised me as I was expecting nothing more than average accuracy considering I was not going through a proper tuning cycle. All I was interested in was to check the function of loading and ejection. That was flawless. As it is a horizontal locking 2-lug we were always aware that there was a gap in the abutments and that the bullet had to feed over that as it was pushed toward the chamber. Even the slightest problem in loading and ejection can play havoc when running the shots very fast and one missed shot can cost you a penalty or DQ. Obviously I was also interested to see if it would shoot good and more importantly, to not shoot poorly for some crazy reason. I put a decent barrel from my DS on (NOT capable of shooting a teen ag in my opinion) and gun shot extremely well. One zero, a very low 1, two 130's and a .250 (hot load). One little target proves nothing but at least it did not scatter.

I cannot tell all about the action right now. I am working on some matters. And frankly, there are some matters that we will never ever disclose in order to protect our business. I trust people will understand.

Here is some stuff I can share:-

It is slightly lighter than an standard 3L/DS. Horizontal locking lugs, some additional safety features, fire control is almost completely re-designed. It will have a heavy firing pin and appropriate spring force with enough pin-fall. The pocket for the trigger sear is opened up to avoid dirt getting between the action body and the sear thus preventing the rifle to cease function. Hangers are new with smaller adjustments for the timing. The whole trigger is moved forward in the action to allow for better timing. Every action will be assembled to a very exacting specification - when it leaves Bullet Central, Dwight and I will be involved with every aspect of it.

It is a premium action but the selling price is not that far north of a standard DS/3L today. We will be increasing the price after we get the initial batches into the market place. Dwight and I need to eat and get to matches too.

If you need one I would suggest you get your name on a waiting list with us. Call 701 371 4444. They are selling out and we will only have a limited production run this year.

This has been a very exciting project. Now what remains is for the Neuvo to win.

Last edited:
So, will these be available in magnum bolt face to suit LG? I take it thy are the usual 1.35" OD?
When will they be available to the general public?

So, will these be available in magnum bolt face to suit LG? I take it thy are the usual 1.35" OD?
When will they be available to the general public?

The first production runs will be PPC and 308 BF only. But we will be releasing an increasingly wider range of options later this year. The current unit is 1.35" and again that will change as we release the additional versions.

Chris, I was shooting at the Hog Roast several years ago and had trigger problems with two different rifles caused by a piece of powder getting between the trigger top bar and the bottom of the action where the trigger hanger fits. When I got home, I took the triggers out, turned the actions and stocks upside down in the mill and extended the slot at the bottom of the action for the full length of the trigger and every action after that that I have had. Never have had a problem with a trigger not resetting because of powder between the trigger and action again. Simple fix to a problem that you don't know is a problem until it happens to you. Haven't fixed my heavy ejection problem from the Cactus, but will before I shoot it again. Pleasure shooting with you at Phoenix.

Chris, I was shooting at the Hog Roast several years ago and had trigger problems with two different rifles caused by a piece of powder getting between the trigger top bar and the bottom of the action where the trigger hanger fits. When I got home, I took the triggers out, turned the actions and stocks upside down in the mill and extended the slot at the bottom of the action for the full length of the trigger and every action after that that I have had. Never have had a problem with a trigger not resetting because of powder between the trigger and action again. Simple fix to a problem that you don't know is a problem until it happens to you. Haven't fixed my heavy ejection problem from the Cactus, but will before I shoot it again. Pleasure shooting with you at Phoenix.

I was a pleasure shooting next to you too Mike. Yes you did the right thing by cutting that slot. I have had several people come to me saying their trigger does not work (because now I am the trigger-fixer at matches - and that's good as I meet more people :) )and when I remove the trigger there is a single little powder kernel sitting square on top of the sear bar - like it was placed there on purpose.

You shot really well at the Cactus. I was amazed watching you as I was convinced your brass was going to look like a dog's breakfast after a while. Two out of three cases were landing on the concrete. But obviously it did not bother your accuracy. Why not turn that gun into a right-eject?

We were talking about these at the Texas State VFS today at Tomball, and someone said you were going to be offering the new action in Drop Port.

Any truth to that?

We were talking about these at the Texas State VFS today at Tomball, and someone said you were going to be offering the new action in Drop Port.

Any truth to that?

At one stage we were going to do a drop port and then decided that it would be more sensible to release with a standard config for the first models. The drop port can take some tweaking. In future designs (starting next year) we will look at things like that along with repeaters and larger format for long range calibers.

I was a pleasure shooting next to you too Mike. Yes you did the right thing by cutting that slot. I have had several people come to me saying their trigger does not work (because now I am the trigger-fixer at matches - and that's good as I meet more people :) )and when I remove the trigger there is a single little powder kernel sitting square on top of the sear bar - like it was placed there on purpose.

You shot really well at the Cactus. I was amazed watching you as I was convinced your brass was going to look like a dog's breakfast after a while. Two out of three cases were landing on the concrete. But obviously it did not bother your accuracy. Why not turn that gun into a right-eject?

Maybe 1 or 2 out of each match. Not quite 2 out of 3. Good thing they were turned for a .265 neck instead of a .262 neck. .010" thick necks are a little more forgiving hitting the concrete than .0082's.

Back