From Iceland

"Dealing exclusively with extreme rifle accuracy"
Do they...I dont think so.
Willie Boy??

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND

I dont either

In fact, Its got to where its very limited on accuracy details. The new NBRSA mag is starting to look like its gonna be great

Well...maybe they don't get enough "extreme accuracy" articles submitted to fill up every issue?

I enjoyed the "Willie Boy" article and all of the articles in that series. The better ones contain a lot of well researched historical details. And I've enjoyed every one of Michael Petrov's custom gunmakers articles--what a great opportunity to learn about something I would never have known much about otherwise.

There was a long discussion of this about 6 months ago. It does seem PS has strayed far afield from the "precision" articles, but IBS membership provides the mag included with annual dues, so that most of us still read it.

I long for the days when Dr. Frank Murphy wrote those wonderful "how to do it" articles intended mostly for the neophyte shooter. Unfortunately he passed about ten years ago. There are a number of renowned BR shooters who could fill that niche. And I notice that Dick Wright's penmanship seldom appears on the pages of the magazine any more. Why? At one time Mike Ratigan was rumored to be commissioned to author some articles, but it did not happn. Sad to see this transition. Perhaps Mr. Brennan should solicit specific writings from known BR legends.

Last edited:
Theres quite a gap in the experimentation areas these days. Most of the shooters today are Match shooters.
Thats not to say theres nothing new to try. There use to be more gunsmith writing and Rick Hornbeck use to
write about all of the new tools and gadgets to help our loading and shooting. One of the best articles in more recent times , was the one about bushing a firing pin byJim Borden. They could stand to write about more of the new developments again. There use to be covers with shooters on them and articles about shooting.
A nice little article about some of the shooters would probably be welcome.
They lack a roveing reporter type of guy to keep up with new products and ideas.

The Benchrest Shooting Primer was my first Benchrest book. I still love it even though the pages are loose and falling out. Too many great articles and names to start listing...

Yes they were Dick. also articles by Seely Masker , Clyde Hart. Mike Walker,
Many many more too. Rick was quite a guy''

here ya go a real precision mag on Line FREE ! http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/

Thank you George for your kind words about our magazine - Target Shooter - www.targetshooteronline.com We also have a free iPad/iPhone app.

As with Precision Shooting magazine, we are always looking for suitable articles and big match reports from your side of the pond. (Anyone going to the Supershoot?)

If anyone would like to submit something, please send it direct to me in the first instance. vinceb@targetshooteronline.com Hey - we might even pay you!

Many thanks
Vince (Ed. Target Shooter)

If you think PS has strayed, how about the bible of many of us oldtimers - The American Rifleman.

Ray

If you think PS has strayed, how about the bible of many of us oldtimers - The American Rifleman.

Ray

Ray,
The American Rifleman is out in left field about a deep as you can go from home plate! That's why I buy the old 30's, through 60's magazines...those were the good times from a readers perspective. PS..well, sure, there are filler articles, but overall I enjoy the magzine. --Greg

Back