Redding Body Die Question

I agree . I don't know what some others are refering too. The Rediing body die is designed to bump the shoulder . If it can't then something is not matched right . God this auto save is a nuisance .

John, in reference to the "auto save" - what are you talkin' about? Is it something I can help fix?

And..

I re-posted your excellent writing on the Lee Collet die in the "wiki" section and noticed a copyright. Are you OK with that?

Last edited:
John, in reference to the "auto save" - what are you talkin' about? Is it something I can help fix?

And..

I re-posted your excellent writing on the Lee Collet die in the "wiki" section and noticed a copyright. Are you OK with that?

Yes that is ok , you can post it in the Wiki . The trouble is that when I write like now every time it auto saves it moves the text down in the widow so then when I scroll it back up it moves again as soon as I place the cursor to start typing again . It makes typing anything a real chore.

As J Valentine and Travelor mentioned. The Redding Body die is nothing but a FL die thats designed to work in tandem with the Redding necksizer.
It bumps the shoulders on everything I use one for and I have some short chambered rifles. Crush fit on virgin brass type of short.
6PPC
6 BR
30 BR

Without a doubt I just buy a Redding S series FL sizer and do it all in one shot now. Easier,faster. I FL size everything these days.

As for the shoulder bump necksizers. A little stoning on the shellholder converts any necksizer into a shoulder bump NS.

My suggestion is to use a Redding 'Type S' f.l. bushing die. One pass and you size the neck, f.l. size the body, bump the shoulder back and decap. Plus, you'll have more flexibility in tuning by being able to change neck tension with different bushings.
Good shootin'. -Al

That's the way I do it too. All in one pass, with one die, and ... with the option of using different bushings. And with one die, it's also less expensive.

Back