Recommendation for electronic powder scales (Mine have just died)

Excuse me for putting the . in the wrong place. I tried to voice my views on beams vs electronic scales without being condescending to anyone, sorry if I seemed to come off that way, but I don't like to be talked down to either. I have also used micrometers for many many years in my profession but I guess that doesn't make me as capable as some to do a really simple task. Me personally, beam scales are like the old verniers we used to use where you had to line up the marks, then the digital calipers and digital micrometers came along and we advanced to the new technology and threw the old verniers away with the times. Just my opinion I could be wrong. This post is all yours.
Dave T

francis,
that is not what i said...
but the disscusion had become apples and oranges......average reloading tools and higher end precision scales.
jackie's scale is better than mine, but cost a bunch more. his is plus or minus 0.01.
and i just don't buy not being able to see the alignement of two lines..either they line up to form one line or they dont.
ohhh and i am in business for myself........the brass you got for the match came as a donation from my business.

mike in co

MikeInCo
You really should go into business. No one's scales, no one's powder measure, no one's caliper, no one's micrometer, no one's chronograph is as accurate as yours. I see a future for your product.

davet,
your comments seem strange for some one that has used a vernier scale....
with a vernier scale..on a mic or that on a beam scale, you can clearly see when you are close....you can clearly load to 29.1 plus or minus a 1/2 of a increment. one can weigh stuff to find out just how close that 1/2 an increment is.
one cannot do that on an electronic scale that is plus or minus 0.1.....because the display is either one digit or the next...there is no half way or real close..its a 29.1 or 29.0 or 29.2...no such thing as 29.1 plus or minus something less than 0.1 as in .05 or so...
so a plus or minus 0.1 electronic may be quicker, than a beam, but not more accurate.
your electronic scale is not sensitive enough to notice a variation in weight of a custom br bullet.
like i said we are talking apples and oranges
mike in co

Excuse me for putting the . in the wrong place. I tried to voice my views on beams vs electronic scales without being condescending to anyone, sorry if I seemed to come off that way, but I don't like to be talked down to either. I have also used micrometers for many many years in my profession but I guess that doesn't make me as capable as some to do a really simple task. Me personally, beam scales are like the old verniers we used to use where you had to line up the marks, then the digital calipers and digital micrometers came along and we advanced to the new technology and threw the old verniers away with the times. Just my opinion I could be wrong. This post is all yours.
Dave T

I have contacted Rich with a quote on the Gempro 250. If I could find at least 10 people interested in this scale, I could order a case quanity of 20, and let them go for $140 delivered. I just can't justify that kind of order without selling at least half up front.

Michael

Back