Received something really special today

jackie schmidt

As many of you might know, this is the 100th birthday of the Battleship Texas.

The Save The Battleship Texas Society commissioned Colt Firearms to build 2000 model 1911 Colt 45's as a way to raise funds, and allow those wanting one to own a piece of History.

Almost one year ago, my Wife and I ordered ours, and it came in today. It's a really nice piece, and I am proud as heck to actually own one.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465508160163521.97597.262641477116858&type=1

You're smarter than me

A few decades ago there was a commemorative model honoring the U.S. Air Force. There was a B-52 in gold on one side of the slide and an F-16 on the other. I passed because​ I thought I couldn't afford it. I'd flown the B-52 in peace and war and I should have known that I couldn't afford to not buy one. That's a regret I'll carry to my grave.

Is the Texas 1911 one in a series of commemoratives? Back in about 1965 Colt ran a series of four WW I commemoratives and as I was young and chasing girls, I passed on the series. A slightly older and wiser buddy of mine bought a set of four with matching serial numbers as they were built. I drooled over them as he showed me each one as he received them. I still wish I had jumped on the bandwagon. If the Texas is one in a series, buy them all, Jackie. They will be worth more later.

B-52's

A few decades ago there was a commemorative model honoring the U.S. Air Force. There was a B-52 in gold on one side of the slide and an F-16 on the other. I passed because​ I thought I couldn't afford it. I'd flown the B-52 in peace and war and I should have known that I couldn't afford to not buy one. That's a regret I'll carry to my grave.
I may have wrenched on some of your B-52's.( ECM on E models...TALL TAILS) :)

I worked on B-52s

There was one spot where you couldn't get a clean glue line and it messed up the whole piece....wait a minute...Y'all are talking real B-52s. Nevermind!

Good deal Jackie!!

off topic but still 1911 style 45's
para usa is going thru dome sort of re organization..
has sold off a bunch of new stock parts and currently has a $100 rebate on several models....

i just bought another gi expert and i am way under 500 after the rebate///

just basic shooters built on modern machinery in the usa....

What's happening at Para is they shutdown the R51 line, they won't run, and to keep everyone busy they need to sell 1911's.

Back