Rebarrel my anni 2007/13

jeffbatt

Jeff B
Picked up a anni BR50 benchrest as new in box the stock is the blue/ gray painted. It shoots very good but I want better. My question,is a lilja barrel a good choice and what length barrel is used. I'm new to this and am asking for input. Please help....thanks ,Jeff

I'm not really going to be doing competitions I just looking to make it more accurate. For the price that I paid I can rebarrel it 4or 5 times. I am looking for information on the quality of lilja barrels and what length is most common. I do understand if this was an all in thing I would be looking for a gunsmith to build one. Thanks for your input.

JEFF

I have a lilja barrel on my 40X BR rifle and I love it... It was installed by Gene Davis and it is a killer barrel.. It is a 26" 1-16.5" Twist with a Reverse taper.. I would highly recommend the Lilja....

JMHO

Dave

I'm not really going to be doing competitions I just looking to make it more accurate. For the price that I paid I can rebarrel it 4or 5 times. I am looking for information on the quality of lilja barrels and what length is most common. I do understand if this was an all in thing I would be looking for a gunsmith to build one. Thanks for your input.

Your Anschutz is quite a step up from the earlier thread, given your stated objective.
If your question is about the Lilja drop in’s, I’d go another route, if about getting a blank, they can be pretty good. The standard bore dimension 6 grooves have been good recently, you want a straight .875”-.900” which should give you 24”-25” if you’re trying to keep it at 10.5 lbs, if not, longer is better depending on where it can be crowned.

Back