Reasonable Shipping

I'll add this as well. If you have ever tried to set up a shopping cart you might understand why those folks charge so much shipping. I can't imagine how cart software can or could do it to make shipping as cheap as it can be. I've fooled around with shopping cart software and shipping charges are ALWAYS difficult. What I'm saying here is that it's almost impossible to have an online shopping cart, such that nobody is involved in the order process but you, and the shipping be reasonable every time.

When I'm wrong, I feel it's best to man up. I had said in the original post that the shipping would cost as much as the bushing. I went back and looked at some of the rates, and the shipping would be about a third to half the cost. Don't know if tax is added or not. So let's estimate $25 for the steel type.

I traded three bushings for three bushings a couple of weeks ago. Think I paid around $2 at the post office, which included the padded clearance Christmas envelope.

Located a used #243 for $12 shipped. All is good.

If I can save a dollar, I do. Two liter and sports' drink bottles make fine funnels for changing oil. I fill old milk jugs with water so my wife can see her hits when practicing with her 38. Just adds something over a hole in a piece of paper to her.

Maybe I got spoiled by companies that offer free shipping..........

Recently met a great guy who's wanting me to try his BR rimfire rifle. My first thought was, "I can't afford the ammo if I like it too much." Truth is, I've probably got more in my centerfire rounds than I realize.

If you think I'm tight, you should meet my dad. :eek:

Rimfire shooting can either be expensive or less expensive. If you prefer to win...it's expensive.

Expensive!

Rimfire shooting can either be expensive or less expensive. If you prefer to win...it's expensive.

I guess!!!

A typical IR 50/50 match, if one shoots all classes is a 6 target proposition. That's 150 record shots plus sighters and foulers. Lets tack on another 50 rounds for that. Total is 200 rounds or 4 boxes. If shooting Eley 10X that's $80 for ammo; Match would be $60; some Lapua levels, less...plus shipping. I figure it costs me about $34 in ammo component cost to do a CF score shoot in ammo. Yes the cost per round is more in CF but the cost outlay to shoot an entire RF match is more. Each to their own and that's what makes life interesting.

I can certainly

I was shocked at $20, but when I googled it I found it was $15.29 at another major supplier. Add in the inevitable minimum shipping & handling charges and if the bushing is all you are ordering that price saves you a little.

As to my good friend Pete's comment about just add shipping into the price. In todays shopping on the internet environment, a supplier needs to be one of the lowest prices to get a second look. Unless he can get all his competitors to do same thing he will be out of business in short order..

Dick

understand the consumer paying for the shipping to get the goods from seller to me. But "handling"? Hummm...I thought putting it in a box or envelope would have been part of the overhead covered by the profit margin on the article? Tis to my way of thinking. "Handling charge", to me, is the real bend over buddy charge. The explanation give by Dick is probably the line the seller will give you...my cost listed is absolute rock bottom with all other charges being extra. What would an envelope to ship a bushing in cost? One of the beauties of the internet is we can just go on shopping in hopes of finding a better deal.

just mot true.
does the walking customer have to pay a "handling charge" to help reduce your cost ??. not

understand the consumer paying for the shipping to get the goods from seller to me. But "handling"? Hummm...I thought putting it in a box or envelope would have been part of the overhead covered by the profit margin on the article? Tis to my way of thinking. "Handling charge", to me, is the real bend over buddy charge. The explanation give by Dick is probably the line the seller will give you...my cost listed is absolute rock bottom with all other charges being extra. What would an envelope to ship a bushing in cost? One of the beauties of the internet is we can just go on shopping in hopes of finding a better deal.

Back