rear view mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martyh

folks, I have spent the last several months viewing discussions on many forums. those discussions have ranged from stocks,bedding,tuning,barrel profiles,scope mounting and barrel indexing. folks we cannot allow ourselves what can only be called" paralyzed looking thru the rear view mirror". these are fine folks on the other forums, they though are paralyzed looking thru that rear view mirror, it's time to move ahead.

Marty: You have not only viewed several discussions, you were and are a part of many discussions. Some you initiated. I suspect you would be amazed at how many of your views are discussed outside these forums as well whenever rim fire bench rest shooters gather. I do not consider myself paralyzed as you say. Every day I am alive I will be learning something from someone. That is not being paralyzed nor looking thru the rear view mirror.

I have a small paper weight on my desk, have had it for many years. It shows an open umbrella and says "Minds are like umbrellas they work best when open" No, on the other hand a blue IBM "Think" sign would be better. I brought that one home the day my boss asked "You need to be reminded?" bob

Last edited:
I was reminded a while ago that If I was going to have strong opinions on things I should be one of those DOING instead of Whining. It was very subtle and good advice in a very few words from a wise Sage.

Lots of us are interested in the mechanics of the sport and some of us don't have much in the way of patience. We need to learn to have some as I hope I have learned. On the one had, my rifle has a copy of the same Harrels tuner I was using 13 years ago. On the other, there is a wide variety of other options out there that look interesing. I think we still are stuck in the same place though. The tuners will only improve on SOME of the Ammo we are able to buy. Nobody is yet able to make all ammo shoot in a RF rifle. This remains the quest from what I see.

folks, I have spent the last several months viewing discussions on many forums. those discussions have ranged from stocks,bedding,tuning,barrel profiles,scope mounting and barrel indexing. folks we cannot allow ourselves what can only be called" paralyzed looking thru the rear view mirror". these are fine folks on the other forums, they though are paralyzed looking thru that rear view mirror, it's time to move ahead.

You pretty much have to look through the rear view mirror to see what's behind you. We know you're back there, just wondering if you'll ever catch up.

You pretty much have to look through the rear view mirror to see what's behind you. We know you're back there, just wondering if you'll ever catch up.

wallace, keep ones eyes on the road ahead, do not become paralyzed watching the back seat driver in the rear view mirror. marty

I looked in my mirror and I seen somthing coming. I thought it was a plane by the way it was running. When it passed us I had nothing to say, and the guy with the Anschutz didn't even see. It was just marty with a hopped up CMP.

We'll keep watching for you Marty, you may catch up. I don't see the dust yet though.

My old boss had a sticker on his desk it read:
CREATIVITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEGE. I think it is well said for the guy that is tinkering with his equipment to get the most he can out of it.

Hey Wally just incase one of us is behind you on the freeway, does your license plate still read “head score keeper”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back