Rear Bags

M

MAH

Being a new comer to the Bench Rest arena I am in need of a different rear bag. Way to many to make an informed choice. Ear height, length, weight, ect. Have been looking at the edgewood bags. So being new to all of this a bit of advice would help. Shooting a 30 br in IBS score matches. Thanks

MAH

Well being a very new to the game I am starting out with atrued Rem 700, with a Krieger 1-17 twist, using an old 40X stock. 36 X Weaver with fine cross hairs. Loads are Laupa necked up brass Redding dies, Berger 115 bullets. Shooting 32.7 H-4198. To lite it al off Fed 205,s. Like I sais just starting out. Front rest is a caldwell, its being replace by my own build front rest, std design. Nothing fancy except made from stainless steel. Center 4 inch's tall 3.5 in dia. inch legs 3/8/24 threads for adjusting screws. Built the gun myself, with the help of my good friend. Robin Robinnet reamer. So either I am chasing the good fairy or just settling down to have some fun. I be the first to admit the action is not the best but its aal that I had. As the ole saying goes dance with girl you brought.

The five pages I read about bags kind of blew me away. Did not realize how little things matter so much The rifle yes, bags no but this is the first day at school. Gents thanks for answering. Bench rest 101 being learned.

MAH

You're going to start as a bag squeezer. Which is a good way. A conventional rear bag will work fine, and is cheaper to boot.

Edit: here is a tip to at least try: Remember to muscle the bag, not the rifle. Put your thumb on the top of the wrist, and don't touch the stock anywhere else. Your finger is also on the trigger. Press the trigger by rotating your wrist using the thumb as a povot, not by squeezing your finger. You'll be shooting free recoil this way.

For other/more tips, read

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek034.html

etc.

Last edited:
Advice from another new guy call Protektor and talk to them. I think the guy i talked to was Dave but can not swear to it, i emailed him and he emailed me back then i called. He was pretty helpful. You will pull your hair out reading about all of them pick a brand call them up and talk to them.....Danny

Back