RCBS Trim Mate ?

varminter22

For years, I've been using the Sinclair hand tools to uniform primer pockets, chamfer and deburr case mouths.

A friend recently got an RCBS Trim Mate with five rotating stations. Seems like that will really speed up the operation(s), especially when preparing a large amount of brass for live varmint rifles.

My question is: Does the Trim Mate do as good a job as hand tools when it comes to concentricity, uniformity, etc??

Anyone here use the Trim Master? Happy with it? Will it do a "BR quality" job?

I have used one for years. Does it do as good a job as hand tools? I think it does if you do your part. The two problems I have had are, since the tool is rotating, as you put the primer pocket over it, if the tool and the case head are not parallel the edge of the cutter will grab the primer pocket wall sometimes scarring it badly. The other is sometimes new cutters will not touch the bottom of the primer pocket and must be adjusted, use a good depth mic and junk cases to do this. Most of the time the main collar will have to be heated some to allow the cutter to slide when you turn the bottom screw. The set screw to hold the cutter and the adjusting screw both use allen wrenches.

Back