Raw bm500

cortezit

I am keenly interested in stepping up my bench rest game. I am new to the sport but I have been bitten very hard by this discipline. I have looked at some Bench Rest results to determine what is a winner and I continually see FWB 70's and RAW TM-1000 with a sprinkling of RAW BM 500, I have also noted a Sumo in there as well. I have gravitated towards the bench rest specific air rifles and such as the Sumo and the RAW BM500 and BM500L.

How many of the readers of this board are shooting the RAW BM500 platform and what are your experiences and opinions of this platform.

"Fast is fine-Accurate if Final".

Tom D.

Bm500

We have had about 15 of these sent Down Under for our top shooters, everyone is very impressed with them and has nothing but praise for the product. If you are lucky enough to live in the USA and can get Mr Dan Brown to tweek them and work some extra magic, even better.

BM500 or TM1000

I own both of these great rifles. The TM1000 in a laminated stock is good and heavy as the BM500. The TM1000 with an after market device that slides in the rail allows a good fit in front rest with no wobble. Lacking the straight bottom of the true bench rest stock is no real handicap as there is no free recoil for the most part with a PCP rifle.
With the TM1000 you would also get more flexibility for use of the rifle off of the rest in other games, plinking or hunting.

I have a 30 ft lb. BM500 22 cal. with a benchmark barrel and do pretty well in OPEN, Unlimited'

I have owned a P70 and wish I had never sold it. If you are very very lucky you might find one for sale.

Where are you located?

PM me if you would like any additional info.

Hello Bobz,
Is it possible to build a BM 500 with laminated stock of TM 1000?
Regards

Hello Bobz,
Regards

This is not Bob Z but I just ordered my BM500, with a Red Laminated Stock, from RAW. There is currently a 12 week wait time for a build.

TomD

Hello Bobz,
Regards

The BM500 uses a large bottle rather than the long cylinder on the TM1000. If you wanted a bench rest style stock you could purchase the BM500LW stock which is used on a rifle for the LV Class. Light Varmit which is a 12 ft lb rifle. The 500LW has a shorter barrel with this light weight stock to reduce weight to meet class rules. You could mount some of the early TM1000's in the BM500 stock without a gauge. The slots for the Bench Rest stocks, though the action will fit. may not align with gauges . Check with Martin at RAW to be sure your action will fit the stock you want.

BobZ

I saw a TM1000X the other day. More barrel engagement, more air after the regulator is available. I thought it was a great gun. I make the Sumo's but honestly I just cant get any out the door since it is just a hobby for me and I already work 14 hrs a day. I would say the 1000X in Martins Vertical Target stock and have him do it for the 1 1/2" titanium tube. He might even start making the tubes if asked. He made me that stock and with the front rail I can add on a 3" wide forarm. Heres my TI tube in that stock

Back