Rapid actions screws

Renegade

Does anyone know what thread the action screws are on a Theoben Rapid MKII?
My action pivots on the front screw(the only one it came with) enough to "rattle" in the stock. I can minimize it by tightening it, but don't want to over tighten it. I'd like to install a rear action screw when I build my BR stock.
Thanks,
Todd Banks

Does anyone know what thread the action screws are on a Theoben Rapid MKII?
My action pivots on the front screw(the only one it came with) enough to "rattle" in the stock. I can minimize it by tightening it, but don't want to over tighten it. I'd like to install a rear action screw when I build my BR stock.
Thanks,
Todd Banks

Todd, 1/4 - 28 socket head will work . Cut up a credit card and shim the sides of the receiver that should help for now.
Doug

Or, better yet, let Kathy go through your wallet and cut up some credit cards!!!!! then you can use the remnants to shim your stock! :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Thanks Doug,
I was thinking about doing something along those lines, but not sure if there's room for a credit card. I'll see what I can come up with.

Dave, after using credit cards to pay for the wedding and 11 days of honeymooning, I NEED to cut up the cards! 900+ miles towing the camper @ 9.2 mpg put a hurt on my balance!

Todd

Try some tinfoil...

Tinfoil is pretty stable and thin, the figure 3/1000 sticks in my mind. Add as needed for the fit you want. Won't rust, nor hold moisture. See you this Saturday ? My best, David

Bottoming out

Todd:
Did you check to see if the action screw in bottoming out in the action? That would cause a problem similar to what you are experiencing.

David, I'll try the tinfoil if I get a chance before Sat. If my gauges don't get here so I can practice before the match, I won't be able to see if there is an improvement in accuracy.

Fred, I hadn't thought of that. I'll try putting a washer on the action screw to see if that helps.
Todd

Back